FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just couldn't believe myself two weeks ago - I walked into my LGS and saw nothing on the wall, except for a PS90. I've always wanted one. Given that cheap AKs were going for $1,500 locally, I was surprised to see the PS90 priced at $1,999. I bought it. The LGS also ordered 5 clips for me and 300 rounds of ammo. So my problem is not the LGS.

My problem is that he had a FiveSeveN for only $1,199. After looking online, I realize that my PS90 was overpriced by $500 and the FiveSeveN was very reasonably priced. I am feeling like I made the wrong call, but I still love the PS90.

What are current prices in your area for a ps90 (if you've seen a ps90 at all)? I know that I was lucky to find one at all right now, but did I pay way too much?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Seeing as how the FiveseveN pistol is starting to show up, and that its a pistol and not an evil assault rifle listed by name in Dianne Frankenstein's proposed ban already before Congress, the fact that the pistol isn't marked up and the PS90 is should not be a surprise. At $1,999, you probably paid about $200-300 more than what they were going for retail before all this foolishness. A 20% mark-up right now doesn't sound so bad when you look at the 100% mark-up on AKs and ARs. If you wanted a PS90, there is ZERO guarantee you will be able to buy one in the near future, so getting one now was smart. FN also raised the price of the PS90 by $100 on Jan 1.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both of you. And I suspect that I just branded myself as a newbie, since I referred to it as a clip. I am ok with that, as I am a newbie. Even worse, I am a collector. Hunters rarely shoot, shooters rarely hunt, and collectors neither shoot nor hunt. I really just like military style guns and can't get enough. The PS90 is one of the few that I actually have a real itch to get out there and shoot it. I can't wait...but I will.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i was digg up on last deals on PS90 last year.
if you were a cop, $800 to $900
civilian prices last year $1200 lowest (new)

2013 prices: new guns with later gen trigger pack: $1999 plus tax. one member on here picked on up for $1500 last week

I just bought a used one with early gen trigger pack for $2100 (good deal given current market condition, i was told)

Good luck getting ammo. Currently back order from legacyoutdoor and fivesevenammo.com

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have seen them on gunbroker NIB for $1700 to $3000. I bought RainDog's for about $2500 shipped and transferred and included Aimpoint Comp ML3, troususa lowpro mount, 4 mags, 3 mag pouch, urban ert sling, extra springs, about 60 rounds of SS197, also appears to have larger charge handles.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I bought one roughly a month ago. PS90 standard (you do not mention what sight configs) for $1800, I added a red dot to it later, plus I got a bunch of 50rnd mags at a good price and some ammo. They had a PS90 on the wall last Friday @ LGS for $2500, it has the black retinal sight on it. They also have/had a NIB 5.7 OD green USG for $1500. Your LGS price on the FiveseveN is good in todays environment, and if you have ammo, makes a great companion sidearm ;) The PS90 is on the ban list, the Five-seveN is not. I have both. What I paid was to much IMO, but I have one now, and the threat of a ban forced my hand or I probably would have kept waiting to get one (though always wanted one TBH). The same thing happened back in the early 90s, I bought a 9mm pistol w/ 15rnd mags because they (mags) were going to be banned. Love the PS90, like the FiveseveN well enough, hate the 9mm I bought back in in the day.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't think $2,000 is bad... I paid $1,600 for mine just before CT... The frustrating thing was I couldn't find ammo even before the ban talks started... Did it come with the factory red dot site or just the rail?

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I wouldn't sweat it, beats paying 2500 like some hoople heads are asking. I paid 1500 OTD after the frenzy but had been working on the gun store for a while regarding the gun. If I was backed into a corner, I would have paid 2k if I wanted one bad enough. Hard to say what the future will bring. I think all FN products are over priced anyways. It is just the cross we carry. I'm a shooter & a collector. Pretty hard to not want a PS-90, after you start collecting FN weapons. ( JIMO )
My 1st FN weapon was a SCAR, then an old FN safe.... ever since my wallet has been on the lean side.Then on & on... I have 4 FN weapons, always looking to buy more,
1 thing for sure, when I go to the range, I always make friends.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think you did ok for todays' market. I just bought a Gen 2 lightly used PS90 (w/ Black reticle), 2 extra 50-rd FN mags, brass catcher, sight adj tool, 2 mag clamps, 100 once fired brass and 6 extra new in box 50 rd FN mags for $2600 shipped... I can't wait to pick mine up this week!
Gun Firearm Airsoft Airsoft gun Trigger

·
Registered
107 Posts
I posted about walking into my LGS and about flipping cause they had 3 ps90's on the wall(usually they have good prices) but even they couldn't pass up this madness. They were each around $2800, I went back a week later and 2 of em were gone

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.