FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
i suppose if you want one...and nothing against them, but i wouldn't pay more than 2k.
of course, i don't have a lot of money in baseball cards either. :p
That gun hasn't been $2k or less in almost 15 years. Compared to the 17S it's a bit dated but it's still an excellent weapon. Great ergos, super easy to take down for cleaning/malfunctions, fantastic adjustable gas system and the right arm of the free world.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
It will resell for $8k in six months.
Or "bought back" by the government for a mandatory $2,000...

Don't you love the concept of a "Mandatory Buy Back"?

We work our arses off, pay exorbitant taxes (Income Tax, Sales Tax, Everything Tax), save our hard earned money and buy a firearm / firearms, only to have some ignorant bureaucrat dictate that they initiate a "Buy Back" system, whereby they use our own money (Taxes) to buy them back.

Isn't that like paying for something twice, and then not even owning it?

I wish I had not have thought of that... Not a good way to start a frigid Wednesday morning.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
That gun hasn't been $2k or less in almost 15 years. Compared to the 17S it's a bit dated but it's still an excellent weapon. Great ergos, super easy to take down for cleaning/malfunctions, fantastic adjustable gas system and the right arm of the free world.
I was too young in 1989 to own one but I recall that they was $2000 back then. I think that gun was around $700 to $1000 in 1988 and then Bush signed the EO on the importation of firearms.

Like I said, I was too young but I think that Polytechs, Valmet, Steyr Augs, FNCs were cheap in 1988 and easily had. I would wait in anticipation for an older brother to come home late sunday night to see what he picked up or trade for at the Fort Worth, Dallas Market Hall, or OKC gun shows. Good times to say the least.

I think those memories have shaped my buying habits and is the main reason that I don't sell stuff even when I can double my money. One of my older brothers still talks about that FNC and SP89 that he sold off because he double his money. The thing is, he still wishes he owned both and regrets selling them and a whole host of other things.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I was too young in 1989 to own one but I recall that they was $2000 back then. I think that gun was around $700 to $1000 in 1988 and then Bush signed the EO on the importation of firearms.

Like I said, I was too young but I think that Polytechs, Valmet, Steyr Augs, FNCs were cheap in 1988 and easily had. I would wait in anticipation for an older brother to come home late sunday night to see what he picked up or trade for at the Fort Worth, Dallas Market Hall, or OKC gun shows. Good times to say the least.

I think those memories have shaped my buying habits and is the main reason that I don't sell stuff even when I can double my money. One of my older brothers still talks about that FNC and SP89 that he sold off because he double his money. The thing is, he still wishes he owned both and regrets selling them and a whole host of other things.
Bought my HK91 in 1988 for roughly $900. Even the select fire trigger pack was cheap then too.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Bought my HK91 in 1988 for roughly $900. Even the select fire trigger pack was cheap then too.
That is what I am talking about. In 1993, I purchased several MAK90s for $200 each. Not near as awesome as your purchase and I am not comparing them to each other. Just pointing out that even though I was disappointed that I didn't get pre ban 89 Norinco or Polytech that I got what I could in 1993. It was what was available.

I fear that we are very close to being at the precipice of a new dawn of restrictions, prices, availability and everything else. Am I off base for thinking that?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"They" can only "buy back" what is freely offered and accepted by the property owner. "They" must also accept the dire, quite possibly deadly ramifications of their actions should their "buy back" offer is not be freely accepted by said owner.

The Feds should probably provide all law enforcement individuals that willing participate in a "buy back" program with a cost free, pre paid, "final needs" policy.

·
Registered
233 Posts
That rifle is a unicorn. If you search FAL, they are still at "normal" pricing.
Hell, I might even sell my "match" "preban" for that price...lol!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Wow, I don't believe that sell price. Not that I have an evidence that it didn't sell for that much, it is just crazy. Crazy, like crazy high.

WTF?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I wonder IF it actually sold? Buyer 9Ex Racer) only had 1 previous buy at Joe's Pawn Shop. The most expensive item sold there is $179 dollars. And the 2nd purchase of Ex Racer is a 10k gun....LOL. Okay, I have beachfront property for sale in Arizona. Me thinks not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The “Buy Back”... Buying something back that you never owned or sold in the first place with the seller’s money... there’s a saying in Missouri, “Don’t piss down my back and tell me it’s raining”

I bought my first FNC for $475 in 1984. HK91s were like $400. You could buy an AUG for $800 and it came with six magazines. HK94s were a little pricey, but that’s the one to have.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts