FN Herstal Firearms banner

custom clips?

Tags
308 fnar mags
7K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  mentel 
#1 ·
Anybody heard of a 30 round clip or even a custom made 30 round for the fnar 308?

#4 ·
He's a .308 Snipe.

Do not question him, sir.

#6 ·
that's a good idea. Would it get in the way of going prone?

#8 ·
Its actualy an idea i just got not long ago. Im going to look into it more today. I will let everyone know what i figure out. Im thinking of using the spring mechanism from a 30 round ak mag. I welded a mag for my old shotgun not long ago and i didnt cause any flaws on the inside of the mag so i should be good there. after the weld i will sand the welds smooth, primer it to hide any flaws then paint flat black to match the gun. After that i will try the spring mechanism. hopefully its a go. If anybody has any ideas let me know. Thanks

#10 ·
Im wanting it more for plinking fun. Couple of my buddies have the ak's with 30 rounders and also armalite AR10's with 30 rounders. I guess i kind of feel left out. Haha. As far as the bipod goes. Im a bigger guy and actualy prefer a taller bipod but that does vary from person to person. If anything its a good challenge!

#12 ·
it sure would be nice to be able to afford to rattle off a bag of 30 rd mags
imm having problems finding ammo up here
seems like anything decent is all gone
unless you are willing to pay the inflated prices
anybody got any to spare
but you might wanna loolk into the hk g3 drum mag to convert
if your gonna put the effort into it
either that or get real good at magg change out
then challenge your buddies to try and keep up at the 600 yd steel plates
then maybe you will relize what the fnar is about
any way have fun and shoot straight

#14 ·
You've got me itchin' to try making a few.
I love a challenge, and am pretty good at metal plasma, welding, soldiering, blacksmithing, etc...and it'd be cool to modify "comparable" .308 mags to fit the FNAR.
However, it would really really suck to screw up my FNAR with a bootleg homemade mag!

#19 · (Edited)
What if you take a factory fnar 10 round clip and tig welded a 20 rnd DPMS mag or aM14/M1A mag to the bottom of it? Then try the 30 rnd AK spring. I'm new to the FNAR, just got mine last Friday. But being a typical man,by friday night was already thinking of some way to fab a bigger clip! I was wondering about the spring though. The AK spring just might be the ticket. Now I just have to wait and find a 5 or 10 round mag for the fnar, not going to waste a 20 round mag if it doesn't work. Thanks for the idea for the spring.8)

#25 ·
Let's be nice to the new guy.

dmmfreak...you'll notice there are not a lot of aftermarket parts for this rifle. That is because it doesn't need them.
The rifle is a Designated Marksmanship Rifle designed that way for Law Enforcement and the Military.
These shooters don't want a Frankenrifle or a rifle that is unwieldy to use for that use.
Trying to put a Frankenmag on it is like putting off road tires on a Porshe.

If you want to mess with a rifle I suggest using an AK.
Just go and shoot the rifle and you'll appreciate it for what it is (a marksmanship rifle) not for what it is not (a battle
rifle).

Keep on shootin'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.