FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I had mentioned in the Jarvis barrel thread, I am having a barrel made for the five seven. I am tired of waiting on Jarvis ( since Feb ) and they have had reliability issues. I was talking with Joe who is doing the work and mentioned the fact that there would be others that might be interested in a barrel as well. He informed me that he has no problem but would want to know how many were interested. He is not asking for firm numbers or deposits, its just the fact if there are say 5 people interested, they would be done in house. But if there were 20 or more they would gear up a different lathe that would perform the job much quicker. Here is the run down of how mine is being done.

I sent my barrel to their shop, they are going to remove the old barrel from the chamber. They will then place a threaded barrel in to the chamber. The threads will be cut to 10mm ( The same as the Jarvis barrel the Gemtech and ACC use this thread I believe). He is building adapters that will go from 10mm to 1/2 X 28 for those who want to use these thread style suppressors . I wanted a 1/2 X 28 because I use YHM suppressors. The cost is about 220 give or take. I am thinking around 30 day turn around. I will probably talk to him about having the barrels shipped here to me and I deliver them to the shop. This should make the process easier.

So there you have it. I have benifited so much from deals on boards that were put together and I fiqured I should give something back. Nothing is solid as he is just starting the process but I figured if there were others, why not. Just post here with your thoughts.

I hope I am not breaking any rules with this, if I am I apologize.

DD

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Thanx for the info. I have a receiver (PS90) with no barrel on it. Maybe he can help me out when I get ready. I need to find someone friendly to guns here in Houston to help me open a trust first.

I want to end up with an SBR with a quick disconnect and a suppressor. Someone here on the forum has the exact setup I am wanting, but I can't remember who it is right now.

I'm going to start by contacting a class 3 dealer near here and pick his brain. Maybe he knows someone to help get the trust started.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am doing mine as we speak. One of the guys I shoot with introduced us. Cost me 40 dollars. All the time it saves is well worth it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Count me in for 1 threaded barrel. I use my 5.7 for CCW so I would want to send my barrel just before he is ready to do the work so I wouldn't be without for too long. Will he offer a thread protector? As I said mine is a CCW gun and would need to protect the barrel threads when I am not shooting with the can at the range.

MadDog :?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Anyone know how much they run off hand? i also use my FiveseveN for ccw and i dont want to go long with out her :?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
iceman, what are you referring to? I don't see any issues with thread protectors. I will discuss this with him next week

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Im not referring with issues with the threaded barrel, i just dont want to be with out my FiveseveN for long while that is being installed

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
iCeMaN said:
Anyone know how much they run off hand? i also use my FiveseveN for ccw and i dont want to go long with out her :?
No, I meant what were u referring to here

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I was referring to the price and install time b/c i dont want to part with my fiveseven for very long since its my ccw

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
iCeMaN said:
I was referring to the price and install time b/c i dont want to part with my fiveseven for very long since its my ccw
all info is in the first post. Most of the time would be in the shipping back and forth so it could possibly take less time with expidited shipping

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Ok, good to know thanks. :cool:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Streetrod: Did you have your barrel midified/threaded yet? Can you post pictures if you did? Now that YHM will warrant their stainless "mite" suppressors and I can get one locally for $300, I want to have my barrel threaded. I use mine for CCW so I want to be without it for as short a period of time as possible.

MadDog :?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are waiting on a finishing reamer to complete the barrel. When I spoke with Joe he is going to make 10-12 barrels and then remove mine from the lug and place his threaded barrel in there. I was really hoping he would be making the lug as well and there would be complete barrels available that would just require the install of the spring and retainer from the original. He told me that to make the lugs as well he would be unable to keep the price he discussed with me. He would need to build around 50 or so to minimize the cost and since this is a new area for him with this caliber he has many other things to invest his business money into. I can't blame him as he is a pro at barrel builds. I just couldn't convince him that there is a good following for this item. But he has a business to run and I perfectly can understand that. Once I have mine back I am going to try a set up something to speed up the process to help everyone out. I am leaving for Irag in mid October so I still have time as of now.

·
Registered
980 Posts
any update on these custom threaded barrels??
I just ordered the AAC can. I'll let you guys know what I think. Anyone have the Gemtech?? I'd love to see the two compared.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
I want a threaded barrel for my Five-seveN to accept my SWR Spectre. I'd rather not send mine in as a core though.

Is this what he's doing, selling threaded barrels, or do you have to send yours in?

I'm interested!!

8)

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
yummmy avatar....what are we talking about....i got distracted :lol:

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Looks like I am going to get a Five-seveN with the intention of putting my G5 on it. I will need a threaded barrel. Tag to finish looking into this later.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts