FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,I have been on this forum trolling around for a little bit doing research on the SCAR 17S. After some recent purchases, my friend and I decided to do some custom case work inspired by other folks on the forum. We started with a Pelican 1700 case and a handy waterjet cutter :D.

After testing and selecting a closed cell poly bottom and low profile egg crate upper foam, we found a formidable combination of security and comfort for our beloved firearms. With the time that we spent in CNC Programming we thought this forum and its users could benefit from our work.

We can offer this foam configuration with or without the FNP Tactical and FNP mags. Currently our only programed layout is what you see, the time to make individual custom work would have to be in high request. Just wanted to see what you guys think,

Thanks,
Pearl

P3220100.jpg

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Welcome to the FN Forum! Very nice handiwork you guys have done here. I think there would be some interested members in this service for sure. What's the cost?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I would think a cut out for a mounted optic would be appropriate as most folks have some sort of glass on top or aspire to someday. This could be as simple as a generic rectangle on top of rifle shape that would work with a range of optics.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think the optic space would be a definite need. Would the space next to the mags where the foregrip is fot more Scar 17 mags? I have 12.

Ryan

I would think a cut out for a mounted optic would be appropriate as most folks have some sort of glass on top or aspire to someday. This could be as simple as a generic rectangle on top of rifle shape that would work with a range of optics.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Yes, very nice. I would consider having one. Speaking of optic cutouts, don't forget about us guys that have a reflex sight mounted on our FNP 45 Tacticals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thank you for those of you who liked it!

We are not a commercial operation, just wanted to share this template with others that find this to fit their needs. We will be making another template with the SCAR in a lower position with a more universal cutout for optics. I can also make a small cutout for the RMRs or other small optics for the FNP.

I should probably mention that this case was also selected because it was the only 17 series Pelican case that would fit in my car. I travel quite a bit so I wanted my Pelican case to just hold my firearms. When flying, I check the Pelican, and bring the optics in a smaller Pelican case that is inside my carry-on. I have an RMR for my FNP and glass for the SCAR as well. Both of which return to zero without any problems. I figured I've got $2000 worth of sensitive glass and knowing how the majority of how baggage handlers treat luggage, I just want to keep a better eye on my equipment by just checking it as a carry-on and keeping it near me.

I will try my best to keep you all updated with different templates. Constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated!

EDIT: Just wanted to mention that the cutout next to the SCAR mags is for accessories. The cutout itself was taken on a band saw and cut in several locations to modify depth for differentiating accessories.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Look fwd to your design for optics. Getting a Swaro Z6i on my SCAR and would like it in the case ready to go. I may go the custom route with you if you will. That way I can keep my foregrip on the SCAR and have room for my 12 mags.

Ryan

·
Registered
38 Posts
More Toys ,, Gotta work harder or get paid more.

Thanks for the Offer

·
Registered
54 Posts
can I get one just like yours, feel free to leave the SCAR and 5.7 ill take the case of ammo too!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow, beautiful job. I would be interested in this also. Unfortunately I have a Bipod , foregrip and Elcan optic on my gun and would need provisions for at least 10 mags for the SCAR and 10 mags for an FNP 45 Tactical.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Looks great... would be interested if you ever made a template for a 1720 and non folded stock... damn us Cali scar owners =(

·
Registered
19 Posts
so have you made any new versions yet, cause a little later on i might need one of these for my new scar 17 and fnp 45 tactical and scope.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice, gotta see video of this being done. :eek:

·
Registered
466 Posts
If you could make it so the Scar is a bit lower to allow optics, and add more room for mags. That would be awesome.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts