FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm going to finally pickup one of these pistols chambered in 7.62x25mm.
But I see prices for theses things seem to have a rather wide spread.
See them go for $150-$350.
Whats the average price for a good condition one?
Anyone out there have one? Post some pics if you can.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've had one for a while. It's ok, but not anything that made me keep it.

The surplus ammo is iffy at best (bulgy surplus has a very high failure rate. Mine has 12 out of the 70rnds in a pack needed a second strike, and quite a few did not ignite at all.)
It barks loud, has a huge flame coming out of the barrel, and is not exactly the most accurate pistol either. Has recoil like a 357sig, and is only 8+1 round capacity on a single action only trigger. IF you dry fire the gun there is a 75% chance you will break your firing pin. If you replace the firing pin with a stronger new one, you will lose your decocking ability.

IF there would be a better/smaller hi-cap version using the same ammo , I'd get one, just for the fact that it IS armor piercing and a MEAN round.

Here is a video of it being shot.

[video=google;-3276433357042753707]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3276433357042753707&q=cz-52&ei=W75rSPulFY_UqAKY6J2pDw[/video]

·
Registered
302 Posts
I enjoy shooting mine, the make fantastic truck guns! Ive got 3 of them and with good ammo ive never had any failures. I did replace the fireing pins on them but thats it.

Ammo wise stay away from the Bulgi for the most part and Totaly away from any bulgi marked 52 on the headstamp because its blown up even the 52's. Czech ammo as well has alot of missfires and hangups. Shame because I have alot of it...

Best ammo I have for them is the Romanian, It IS corrosive but it is powerfull and works well but watch for split caseings.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/1980_s_Brass_Case_Romanian_762x25_Surplus.html

8 bucks for 72 rounds? How can you beat that?

There great shooting guns to, they have fantastic sights on them for long range and they punch holes in things pistols should not. A few of the gun stores around me got robed by a man wearing Kevalr so I started carrying one of my 52's at work till they got him Lucky I never had to use it.

$170 is max you should pay for one, check the top of the slide for a very small ping. That shows that the weapon was refurbished.

Another thing to inspect is the rollers, these weapons have a very cool system taken after the MG-42 that locks the barrel. Now, to get the slide off to inspect the rollers you clear the weapon, reach forward to the little nubs 3/4ths of the way forward pull them down and pull the side forward. Check for any mooshing of the rollers or the slots there in.

ONE MORE THING! This is important. Take a wooden rod with you and make sure its ok with the guys to check the decock. Stick the rod in the barrel all the way to the breach pull the hammer back and push the decock all the way down. If the rod moves dont buy that pistol, if not still dont use the decock much. Ive only had it move once out of all the guns ive handled but you dont want a round going off like that with how loud these beasts are.

Can it be picture tim now?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/fatcat/P2010078.jpg

Grrr, as normal I drag things on. Sorry for writeing so much...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yeah, I just posted the link because I always keep my pictures Huge.

Its just a little tiny dot on the top of the slide.

·
Registered
302 Posts
the dots so small I put a dot of white on it to show where it is.

Also got this picture for use in another forum for thickness wise. These guns are huge right now because of there power, low cost ammo and how well they shoot.

Its the little white dot. Just because the dot is not there does not mean the guns bad! Just that id rather stay away from the ones with 2 dots on them. My other 2 pistols do not have the dots on them.

HUGE picture so you can see it. Sadly, it shows all the dust on that 23... I must clean it now. :oops:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts