FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the CZ 527 .223 REM with the Walnut stock. Me and my brother sighted it in back in October and free floated the barrel. At that time I didn't seal the wood. Well, I just finished sanding the inside of the stock to a nice finish with very fine grit sand paper and sealed it with several coats of an oil based poly-something-or-other sealant, and then polished and worked that in with a rough rag, all until everything is sealed, slick, and nice.

Put it all back together, I can still run a receipt up and down with out snagging on the stock, or barrel.

Everything is in excellent condition!

It was easy to do, and I recommend it to all!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since I am working at the computer testing a new feature for my app, I figure I should generate some reports to show you all how the rifle shoots with the barrel free floating.

I have shot 35 grain up to 75 grain ammo through the CZ 527. It stabilized all of it and shot everything great.

One shot on this one (no group) done by my Uncle. We just didn't have enough 35 grain to shoot. My Dad shot the other two rounds at a bucket filled with water at 100 yards to see the devastation.

Since this is one shot, think of it as shooting at a deer. I think he got the deer.

Here is 75 grain Hornady Superformance Match ammo:

Here is 68 grain Black Hills:

The circled three shot group is with some hand loads:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts