FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, a few weeks ago I pre-ordered a CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1. I may have mentioned it a few dozen times. Well, I'm still waiting on that, and probably will be until the next time Haley's comet comes around. But ordering that got the gears in my head creaking along. Why don't I have a CZ75? I've always wanted one. I've read countless positive reviews.What was I waiting for? I asked that question of my friends, family and various passers by and they all had the same answer: How the hell should I know?

So I went on line and got one. And here it is:

View attachment 35359

And with a few random 9mm's...for no other reason than they were at the front of the safe:

View attachment 35360

·
Premium Member
9,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Photobucket is working for me again...it was turning all my pics a nauseating shade of purple. So here's a better picture.

I think I may get a second one of these. I haven't been this pleased with a pistol in a good long while. And I didn't have to sell any organs for a change...that's always a plus. I'm nearly out of expendable flesh.

·
Premium Member
9,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They do look sweet let us know how it shoots. Do they make threaded barrels for it?
I did a half-arsed search for threaded barrels and didn't come up with anything...so I'm not sure.

I can't wait to shoot it. I have some scalpel time I have to get through first. But once I crawl through that mess, it'll be all "pew, pew, pew".

Reactions: hillbillyjim

·
Registered
862 Posts
The Browning HP and then the CZ 85B brought my love of shooting back.

While you wait for a chance to shoot it, clean it up nice, clean the mags (some have reported the CZ mags need to be cleaned, I bought my gun used and it wasn't a problem), and while watching Kentucky beat Florida tonight rack the slide a bunch of times. If you have snap caps, work the trigger too. The trigger on mine smoothed out nice in a short amount of time. It wasn't bad to begin with, but it had only had 50 rounds fired through it when I bought it.

Reactions: akitainu

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Premium Member
9,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Browning HP and then the CZ 85B brought my love of shooting back.

While you wait for a chance to shoot it, clean it up nice, clean the mags (some have reported the CZ mags need to be cleaned, I bought my gun used and it wasn't a problem), and while watching Kentucky beat Florida tonight rack the slide a bunch of times. If you have snap caps, work the trigger too. The trigger on mine smoothed out nice in a short amount of time. It wasn't bad to begin with, but it had only had 50 rounds fired through it when I bought it.
Thanks for the tips. The mags springs are very tight. I loaded up a few snap-caps to cycle through and was surprised by how stout the springs were. I have a mess of Mec-gar mags that will be here on Monday. I really like those for my Sigs.

Reactions: sirgilligan

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have a bunch of Mecgars as well.They are great mags. Now, I have never disassembled one but the way the firing pin safety works is a roll pin and they say you shouldn't dry much without a snap cap in. I read once where someone did like 1000 dry fires and the roll pin bent and deformed.

Mine shoots with a nice 6 o'clock hold and everyone that shoots it loves it.

Here is 25 yards off hand, and the variance in the shot locations are because I have very shaky hands, I am sure if the gun was in a vice it would be amazing, but for me, the practical ability of the CZ is superb.

Reactions: akitainu

·
Premium Member
9,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
More good info, Gilligan. Again, many thanks.

I've wanted one of these for as long as I can remember. But, I always caught myself chasing down the shiniest new thing. I have a pair of CZ-82's and have been very happy with them.

·
Registered
261 Posts
You're going to love it. I sprung for a custom shop SP-01 Shadow about 2 years ago for range and competition and it is, by far, the nicest 9MM I've ever owned or fired. After 5000 rounds down range, I acquired a 75 Compact to replace the Shield as my primary carry gun because I like them so much and shoot them really well. Think you'll be a convert. Lots of ways to improve the DA and SA if you want. Enjoy. Matt

·
Registered
261 Posts
They do look sweet let us know how it shoots. Do they make threaded barrels for it?
On the threaded barrel, they make them and I just got a notice that CZ custom got some full size 75 barrels (1/2 28 in .... But they need to be custom fit to your gun and they are pricey - 350 by the time your done. I bought the threaded barrel with my Shadow but to be honest, I shot it twice - lots of POI shift and just never bothered again. I leave that to my M&Ps and such and use the CZ when I want to shoot very fast and very accurately. Best

·
Premium Member
9,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 26 Posts