FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up a FN FNP-9 in 9mm,. black on black poly frame,. two 16rd mags,.decocker (no safety) and a whole lottta fun to shoot.

i managed to get some armor plate that was cut wrong so i dragged it out to about 25 yards to beat on it while i got used to shooting the new FN

once i figured out where it was shooting i adjusted my front sight a bit and i was good to go. so i hobbled togther a make shift target stand and went to work on to see how it groups.

first 32 shots,. aimed and fired as fast as i got the three dots lined up under the red dot on the target.

a closer look.

now after i reloaded my two empty mags i decided i would try my hand at one handed head hunting. again 32 rounds.

another closer look.

next i decided i would try a cross between the controled pairs drill and a reflexive fire drill,. standing at a 90 deg. angle left or right (i changed direction between mags) i would turn and fire the first two shots as soon as i brought the gun level,. then point my arms up higher at the head of the target and fire the third,. i was looking over the top of my pistol and not thru the sights for this one,.. but i think i did ok,. missed low alot though

at this point i had gone thru two Winchester Value packs,. so i opend up the third one to shoot at the bowling pins and the remains of the pumpkins that where laying around,. i had a lot of fun out at the pit today with my new toy,. i am really not to fond of 9mm pistol as a definsive gun,. but i would not feel out gunned if this was all i had,. and at least as a range toy ammo for it is pretty cheap at Wally world,. and shooting it thru this little FN is definatly alot of fun.

as expectect with anything made by FN, i did not have a single problem all day,. so it looks like they can make a Kick-ass pistol as well as everything they make for Uncle Sugar.

as for my little nine it done good today and was really smooth,. recoil was very managable,. and it hit everything i aimed at,. it feels alot like a mix between a XD-9 and a Sig 229,. take down / field striping is cake,. the only thing i do not like it the time it takes me and my fingers to load the mags.

but this gun is a keeper.

i can't wait to get my hands on the FNP-45 :shock:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you say two 16 round mags? I thought they all came with 3 magazines from the factory. Mine did.
yeah two mags,... aparently it was a used gun,. you could not tell looking at it though,. the thing looked brand spanking new,. and not knowing anything about the FNP's i did not know that i was short one mag.

oh well no biggie,.. i'll get another mag soon

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
cruzie27 said:
oh well no biggie,.. i'll get another mag soon
FYI - Top Gun Supply, a sponsor here (his banner is on the main page - on the left side) now carries Five Seven and FNP mags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts