FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Seems like a early summer doesnt it? Suppose to be in the mid 90's here this weekend.

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It really does. I don't recall getting temps this hot, this early. Kinda bummed we got very little rain this April as well.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
It really does. I don't recall getting temps this hot, this early. Kinda bummed we got very little rain this April as well.
I dont remember it getting this hot in April either.

Funny you mentioned rain, they said we are off to the driest spring in 120 years. I know you guys are in a serious drought, we would have been also but it rained all last summer, I think the OKC area got @ 55 inches of rain last year.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
This thread is pertinent to my situation. 6:45 AM 96F.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
I work on equipment that is sensitive to heat. Therefore my workshop is at a steady 65F. I had to put on a jacket yesterday. The room at the Villa is at 65F as well. A/C is gods gift to man. I am glad I'm not one of those poor dudes on the flight line....

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Cold, hot, quit your complaining!!!

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Reactions: akitainu

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Oh Sh!t. Another weather thread. Better jump in early...:eek:

·
Premium Member
9,507 Posts
There are a few very distinct indicators of summertime heat around my house:

1. My wife finally abandons my old flannel jacket. All winter long she enshrouds herself in that thing...hood and all. She did that yesterday. She came out of her office, said "Jeez, it's hot" and cast it aside until next winter. It fell to the floor...a forgotten friend. It was sadly puked on by a cat within moments.

2. The dog starts spending less time outside. But she does stay out long enough to get hot to the touch. What does she do then? Lay on the the cool, cool tile that's every where in the house, you say? No. She leans on me and pants. Nothing like a hundred pounds of luxurious, roasting fur pressing against you and breathing hot fiery breath in your face.

3. The cats turn to a semi-liquid state. On any given window sill, they lay oozed out in the sun-beam like a Salvador Dali clock. Except when a fly gets in the house. Apparently flies are very good eating and worth re-solidifying for.

4. I sweat. Sure, you say, everyone sweats. No, not like me. I am a genuine freak of nature when it comes to sweating. For the next several months I will moisten anything I touch. I'm easy to find...just follow the wet footprints. My neighbors often ask me to roll across their lawns to help combat the drought. I rarely oblige. I have my dignity after all.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
BTW, with a thread title like this it should have been followed with this...

Attachments

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
BTW, with a thread title like this it should have been followed with this...
totally agree. I was wondering where all the cute girls in bikini's were :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
I like where this thread is headed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts