FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just have to vent:

I have a friend who was hit by another car. It ruptured 4 disks in his neck and he had health insurance. He has begun the process of the lawsuit but that takes time.

Meanwhile, his insurance has been covering everything UNTIL 1-1-2014 when the policy he had was canceled since id di not meet obamacare guidelines.

He got another policy (You cannot be denied due to preexisting conditions) the kicker, they attached a ride stating that they would not cover anything related to said preexisting conditions.

Now he cannot get any treatment because he has insurance and the clinic, hospital, etc says he cannot pay cash since he has health insurance. He will have to pay all remaining balances before he can switch over to self pay, etc, etc, etc.

Moral of the story he is in pain, no coverage any longer, and stuck in a bureaucratic nightmare all for the sake of providing birth control and pregnancy coverage to single men in their 60's.....

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
That law is a damn nightmare. It was estimated 500 jobs were lost in my immediate area because of the law. I know many many people who had their insurance dropped, and then all they could find was 3+ times more expensive. This crap needs to be repealed ASAP.

Reactions: Starz26
1 - 3 of 3 Posts