FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been waiting for High Desert Dog to call me for a barrel conversion kit from them..... Being that it has been years I have given up on them.

It appears that Deadshot Barrels offers barrel kits for our SCARS.

I have talked with them and have prices for 6.5CM with Shilen ($1200)and Krieger ($1400) barrels with the DBS adjustable gas blocks.

I am looking for people who have used DBS for their services and possibly barrel conversions, or just done business with them. What do you think?

FN SCAR Barrels |

Thank you for your thoughts,
svxwilson

·
Registered
476 Posts
There are a few guys on the Scar Owner's Group on FB that have them. If you're on FB they are more than willing to chime in about them. Most of what I've heard seems to be favorable, but I don't have any personal experience with them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had talked to the owner, Cole of DSB today and found out some information. The DSB barrel with their gas block is larger to accommodate a larger diameter barrel therefore a thicker barrel which helps in barrel flex on 20" barrels. I put a deposit down since right now the CM 5R barrels in .308 are oos till 4 weeks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm curious about these? I think it would be fun to put a Creedmoor barrel on the SCAR and compare it head to head against my AR10 and if they have similar length barrels, to see how they compare head to head. Should be a fun comparison.

I wonder how well the SCAR barrel returns to zero after swapping them though. I know you should always check your zero but I'd hate to go through a whole sighting sitting again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts