FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering which backstrap everyone was using. I initallly shot with the curved and was
not over the moon with the results. I changed to the vertical/straight and it feels a ton better. Haven't been able to try it out range is too crowded.
Those things are difficult to remove, but easy to install. I had to try several things before I could remove the backstrap.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I'm thinking that is definitely a personal preference of what works (feels) best to you. I have 2xl hands but shoot (train) with shooting gloves so for a good comfortable grip and ability to operate all the functions with best performance, I personally usually find myself setting up my units with smaller grip foot-prints for comfort and ease of use. Just do what feels best for you !

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I use the curved on mine (horizontal lines one on my FNX 45 T). I wear medium gloves for reference. Feels the best to me.

·
Registered
218 Posts
It's partially personal preference the partially personal necessity. I prefer the feel of the flat strap, but i shoot markedly better with the curved one because the flat strap allows the gun to twist in my hand when firing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It's partially personal preference the partially personal necessity. I prefer the feel of the flat strap, but i shoot markedly better with the curved one because the flat strap allows the gun to twist in my hand when firing.
Interesting . . . I'm the opposite. I like the curved backstrap, but shoot better with the flat one. It's like that for all pistols for me. For instance, I like the curved grip of the an SW M&P better than the block of a Glock. But I shoot a lot better with the Glock. So, for me, while a pistol with a certain grip may feel better in the hand than another pistol, I have to shoot both to see which I shoot better.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Interesting . . . I'm the opposite. I like the curved backstrap, but shoot better with the flat one. It's like that for all pistols for me. For instance, I like the curved grip of the an SW M&P better than the block of a Glock. But I shoot a lot better with the Glock. So, for me, while a pistol with a certain grip may feel better in the hand than another pistol, I have to shoot both to see which I shoot better.
I'm a bit of a genetic freakshow...I have double-jointed thumbs in the hand so when i fire with the flat backstrap, my thumbs dislocate slightly and the gun rotates in my hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.