FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the right side decocker lever of a FNP9 can be removed. I may carry this pistol for CCW but the lever sticks out enough to snag on the IWB holster that I have. I figure I could cut it off but I do not want to possibly void the warranty.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Just took a look at mine and it appears without further disassembly that the decocker is one piece, so it's doubtful that you could remove one side of it without cutting it. Anyone who has taken down their FCG to get a better look can correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just took a look at mine and it appears without further disassembly that the decocker is one piece, so it's doubtful that you could remove one side of it without cutting it. Anyone who has taken down their FCG to get a better look can correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re cutting, you can cut it in the valley between the'fat' part and the little part with a Dremel tool then de-bur the cut and touch up the end with a little Perma Blue. Looks pretty good !!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re cutting, you can cut it in the valley between the'fat' part and the little part with a Dremel tool then de-bur the cut and touch up the end with a little Perma Blue. Looks pretty good !!

Picture? Do you have pictures? (me needs pictures) :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts