FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to sleep thr... I mean watch the debate tonight?

I have this terrible feeling it's gonna be just like the others.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I will watch the debate and not the Phillies - I will turn in my man card in the morning.....

·
Vendor
5,649 Posts
I'll watch to see if McCain actually grows some balls and goes after Osama and to see the spin the next day so I can get a good laugh.

·
Vendor
5,649 Posts
so far zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Vendor
5,649 Posts
McCain had the perfect opporunity to talk about Ayers when the moderator brought it up. STRICK THREE!! YOU'RE OUT!!!!

buy guns and ammo "My friends" we are on our way to 2012. :grin:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Someone please tell me I did not hear McCain say (in the last segment on education) that we should allow vets coming out of the military to take teaching jobs without training or certification. Really? REALLY? Is that what we need, MORE unqualified teachers? Someone please tell me I didn't hear that.

And trivializing the "health of the mother" on the abortion issue? Bye-bye independents.

Having to fight the economy and the Bush legacy stacked the deck against him from the start but damn, he has run a terrible campaign and done NOTHING to help himself. He deserves to lose.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
dumapus wrote:
Someone please tell me I did not hear McCain say (in the last segment on education) that we should allow vets coming out of the military to take teaching jobs without training or certification. Really? REALLY? Is that what we need, MORE unqualified teachers? Someone please tell me I didn't hear that.
Actually, I thought that was a good idea. The Troops to Teachers program has been around for a long time, but local areas put hamstring rules on qualifications that turn down otherwise qualified instructors. Their are thousands of prior military instructors that do a fantasic job and instill discripline at the same time. I think inner city dewellers could use these instructors. God knows they would be helpfull as a sub for the P.E. teachers. If there is one thing military people understand it's physical training.

I guess it depends on ones perception of a Qualified teacher. My daughers science teacher teaches the students about healthy food, and exersize and such, and she is 5ft lethargic 300lbs Cow. Nice roll model.

I think McCains plan was a great idea.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
On the issue of healthcare plans, Mccains is a 100% wrong and Obamas is not that much better. They both miss the real problem with healthcare. It's not an insurance issue thats the problem, its the cost of healthcare thats the problem.

I've done tons of healthcare billing in my career. Civilian hospitals and clinics are ripping off people and insurance companies. $5 for a tylenol, $100 for a 500ml NS IV, there are tons of overpriced items I could list. They add multipal ICD-9 code diagnosis so they can charge more per visit. They sometimes perpossly treat patients minimully to get follow up visits. I could go on and on. Its a racket.

If they wanted to fix this problem, then they need to create a competitor. Take college students that want to be in the medical field. Most will have $200, 000 to $400, 000 in debt for student loans. Have them pay off their loans through public service. Meds can be gotten for free. Yes I said free. Don't ask how, but I will tell you that I know that they CAN. And no I won't tell you how. These clinics would compete directly with the private sector forcing the price for care down. All this could be done by just changing a few laws.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts