FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that this gun can feed anything. I know shot placement is eveything and shoot whats your gun likes. FYI-I use the WWB 115gr for practice so would like a 115gr bullet.

-Corbon DPX is a little too expensive for me.
-The Corbon 115gr is what I want but I can get some Corbon 125 cheaper. Are the 125 just as good as the 115gr. I never hear anyone say anything about them.
-I hear lots of good things about Gold Dot 124 but nothing about the Gold Dot 115. I can get some Gold Dot 115 cheaper, are the comparable?
-So I guess my question is, are the Gold Dot 115gr and Corbon 125gr as good as there more researched counterparts?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Never tried the 115GD or CB125 but both probably fine if reliable and shoot to POA. Stocked up on DPX back before it got so high. DPX does 1230fps, GD124+p-1200fps out of mine. WWB115jhp not a bad round and avgs around 1150fps. All shoot close enough to POA for me.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I had a box of 20 115 grain GD. They expaded nice and shot well, but weren't +p. I prefer the 124 grain +p GD as they are just as accurate, although there is a little more kick, but well withing controllable ranges. I bought a couple boxes of 50 of the 124 gr +p GD and will stick with them. I general practice with 115 gr ammo, but it all shoots only as well as I do. Remember, most encounters occur within 7 yards, so it really doesn't matter how much your round weighs at that range for drop. Typically, a heavier bullet is better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts