FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Why did you use only 1 rod instead of 2 like the original design? and how does the rod connect to the rear sear? I ask because I noticed you had the trigger pack hanging from the rod.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kronos is correct, it's also less weight, and having only one Rod makes it easier to take the hammer group in and out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
As an admin note. Unless you are pulling the trigger the black plastic piece doesn't go forward so be sure to put some pressure on it.

I also find I must put the butt plate on before installing the bolt or the nib on the aft part of the bolt assembly that sits in the recess of the butt plate protrudes too far to slide the plate down and into position. Is this to be expected now with this mod or am I doing something wrong? Haven't fired it yet, but it function checks perfectly.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I must put the butt plate on before installing the bolt...
This is the case with any PS90. If you forget to put the butt plate on before the bolt and barrel group you can slide them (bolt and upper) forward the necessary half inch or so, I've done this maneuver so many times it's like second nature now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
What is the in house turn around time on these now. If I were to UPS next day air it to you with a return next day air label in the box how long would would I be looking at ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got mine back Sat. Took a while to get the rod to seat/fit/stay in the channel on the stock. after a few arguements, it finially submited. I find that while the groups havn't srunk much, it is a lot eaiser to hold on target & not near as much concentration to keep the rounds in the same size group as before. I wish NOW, that I had gotten the hammer mod, but since I have a early pack, I was kinda leary of making a per change to the org hammer. do wish the pull was just a tad less, but its better than before. They put a lotta thought into this, thats for sure.. Anyone in east TN wanna shoot mine, PM me.. MIGHT cost you a few rounds... lol

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is a recent email. I wish I had better materiel. All we've been hearing is "works great", "I like it", "feels good".

It was as you said. I removed everything, inserted my thumb in mag opening and canted it back toward rear of gun then slowly slid in hammer group and pressed rod into guide slot. Everything snapped into place and is working. The safety and performance upgrades are just what this nifty little platform needed. Trigger pull is MUCH lighter and way less rough, creepy and long.
Thanks again - Bill S

·
Registered
28 Posts
What is the in-house turn around time for this work? So I know what the delay will be once I've scraped the money for this upgrade. :) I'm not a fan of the stock length of the trigger pull.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.