FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From : Cochran Wins, But McDaniel Camp Eying Legal Challenges

A source close to McDaniel told Breitbart News that he is considering legal challenges over ballots. Democrats who voted for Cochran on Tuesday but voted three weeks ago in the Democratic primary in the state were not allowed to vote in Tuesday’s election.

Election results indicate Cochran's late appeal to Democratic voters paid off, with the incumbent senator picking up sizable vote totals in precincts with heavily black populations. Partisanship in Mississippi is largely polarized on racial lines, and Cochran allies paid key Democratic operatives to help turn out the vote.
As far as I can understand, this is a loss for Americans who like small government and are fans of the Bill of Rights. Maybe McDaniel will be successful in proving that Democrats illegally voted in the GOP primary.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
These guys are getting desperate.

Sad thing is, the majority of people who are mad talk about change and doing something different.........are only paying it lip service. Still too damn lazy to go vote for it. So you get Mitch McConnell back, Thad Cochran, and the like. Very sad.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Living in MS, and having voted in the primary runoff yesterday, I can tell you the sentiment locally is that Cochran (at the behest of democrat $$) paid to encourage otherwise uninterested democrats to vote for him in the runoff. Many of these MS residents wouldn't have had the slightest interest in the runoff as they tend to vote straight democrat. He offered them the 'lesser of two evils' motivation. What I hate most about the tactic is that Bloomberg was involved to the tune of $250k, as well as other left leaning donors....

The real question is how many of the votes Cochran got came from voter who participated in the democratic primary earlier this year. That would be a big no-no in MS.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Living in MS, and having voted in the primary runoff yesterday, I can tell you the sentiment locally is that Cochran (at the behest of democrat $$) paid to encourage otherwise uninterested democrats to vote for him in the runoff. Many of these MS residents wouldn't have had the slightest interest in the runoff as they tend to vote straight democrat. He offered them the 'lesser of two evils' motivation. What I hate most about the tactic is that Bloomberg was involved to the tune of $250k, as well as other left leaning donors....

The real question is how many of the votes Cochran got came from voter who participated in the democratic primary earlier this year. That would be a big no-no in MS.
I totally understand your upset about this, especially since Cochran won with outside influence and funding.

The actual difference between the results was incredibly small, so just maybe McDaniel has a chance to weed out enough illegal votes to land him the seat instead.

Politics has just become a lot more dirty and it's impossible to win with fair play. Look at PA, where the current Attorney General (won the position with Bloomberg $$$) is doing anything she can to slander the (incumbent) GOP gubernatorial candidate (who held the AG position previously) by dredging up old cases he worked on. She is citing incompetency, racial bias, and anything she can to give the win to the Dem. candidate. So far it allowed a bunch of Philly politicians to dodge corruption charges because they all happened to be of the same race, thus racism must have been the reason they were investigated to begin with, and other BS claims.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The Democrats are masters at dirty politics and out and out corruption. They use the stupid tools in their districts whose brains are small and they are easily manipulated. Very sad.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If I may weigh in a bit of conjecture here, the true crime is that now there is a good chance that the democratic candidate will take that seat away from the Republicans. I know if I was living in MS I could not in good conscience cast a vote for Cochran after his display of a sleazy campaign...

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I may weigh in a bit of conjecture here, the true crime is that now there is a good chance that the democratic candidate will take that seat away from the Republicans. I know if I was living in MS I could not in good conscience cast a vote for Cochran after his display of a sleazy campaign...
And yet you'd have to. Damned if you do and damned if you don't :(

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just updating this thread, rather than starting a new one. This particular runoff is important because Cochran obviously cheated by encouraging (some say pay) people outside the party to vote for him in the runoff. I doubt most Republicans want to see this kind of cheating become mainstream in their party, especially funded by people like Bloomberg.

McDaniel figures he won by 25000 votes and is asking the RNC to recognize him as the real winner in the runoff:

Chris McDaniel: I Beat Thad Cochran by 25,000 Votes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts