1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deputy Shoots Himself In Leg
Man Was Removing Gun From Car Trunk

POSTED: 10:58 pm EDT September 9, 2008

STUART, Fla. -- A Martin County sheriff's deputy confiscating a gun from the trunk of a car accidentally shot himself in the leg, authorities said.

Deputy Daniel Foote was investigating an assault complaint at a condo complex Monday night, and a woman he was questioning acknowledged that she had a gun in her vehicle.

When Foote went to remove the .38-caliber Smith and Wesson revolver from the trunk, the gun discharged and a bullet struck him in the left leg, according to the sheriff's office.

Martin County Fire Rescue transported Foote to a hospital. A spokeswoman for the sheriff's office said the deputy's injuries are not life-threatening.

No charges have been filed, and authorities are still investigating the incident.

http://www.local6.com/news/17434762/detail.html

·
Registered
408 Posts
That's like this guy in El Paso.

Except his boss came out on the news and said that the "Glock just went off". I'm glad they released the video of this idiot most likely catching his finger in the trigger guard as he reholstered and shoots the guy on the right in the foot, then proceeds to leave his loaded weapon on the floor with a hallway full of criminals. I'd say it could have been worse.

Zhur

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
devildoc said:

Photo of deputy moments before incident. :-D
That's funny right there!

Didn't the Sheriff only give Barney one bullet and he had to keep it in his shirt pocket?
:-D

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Didn't the Sheriff only give Barney one bullet and he had to keep it in his shirt pocket?
Yep, and lots of Police departments need to institute that practice. There would be alot less :cry: that way.

·
Registered
323 Posts
And the SWAT cop in front of a grammar school class who said "I'm the only one in this room qualified to handle this Glock", and sure enough, BANG! and he starts limping around the room. Then he wanted to continue and show the kids his M-16 and the class started screaming "No, no, don't touch it!".

:? :lol: :lol: :-?

·
Registered
10 Posts
SELFDEFENSE said:
And the SWAT cop in front of a grammar school class who said "I'm the only one in this room qualified to handle this Glock", and sure enough, BANG! and he starts limping around the room. Then he wanted to continue and show the kids his M-16 and the class started screaming "No, no, don't touch it!".

:? :lol: :lol: :-?
another internet classic :-D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts