FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2013 we faced a moral dilemma that I wanted to get some opinions on. The current US administration is sponsoring FMS arms sales to Pakistan forces. In 2013 We had been approached with a multi-million dollar opportunity to legally supply sniper systems to Pakistan. I was never in the armed services but we employ several military veterans. Our greatest fear was that our equipment might be used against US troops. I started this company to protect Americans not endanger them. In consulting with other arms companies the general responses I got was, if they don't buy it from you, then they will get it somewhere else, or money is money. After much internal review we elected not to sell to Pakistan. I wanted to throw this out to our military friends to see if our concern was legitimate and hear your thoughts on it.

Thanks

Nick Young
Wow. Post to their Facebook page to tell them what you think:
https://www.facebook.com/deserttacticalarms/posts/694294430601302

·
Registered
641 Posts
It takes a big f-ucking man to stand up for his ideals. I wouldn't trust a Pakistani with a fly-swatter let alone a desert tactical sniper rifle.

·
Banned
120 Posts
Lots of stories about Pakistani's doing shady stuff along the Afghanistan/ Pakistan border. This is awesome in my opinion. I don't know much about Desert Tactical Arms or long range shooting. But If I did I would look into their stuff based on this alone. I am sure that quality is in the product as well as in the people.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I own two DTA SRS A1s, having just received the 2nd. I love the rifles and wanted to support an American company. I'm very proud of Nick for putting his Values before Greed ! He made a very wise decision and obviously supports our troops.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Lots of stories about Pakistani's doing shady stuff along the Afghanistan/ Pakistan border. This is awesome in my opinion. I don't know much about Desert Tactical Arms or long range shooting. But If I did I would look into their stuff based on this alone. I am sure that quality is in the product as well as in the people.

~~I definitely appreciate them doing this despite the loss of a great deal of profit for their company. In the grand scheme of things this might not make any different, but based on this action they just secured a sale from me in the future (I've been drooling over their rifle for a while, but now I have another reason to save for one).

Reactions: ChadGVN and Somnus

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Maybe the gov. should help compensate this stand-up co. with a mill. contract instead of sending the first family, granny & the dogs to Hawaii , to the tune of 4.5 MILLION of the tax payers dollars ! HOW THE **** DO YOU SPEND THAT MUCH ?????????????

·
Vendor
1,756 Posts
I think standing up for what's right is laudible, and I support him.

However there is the more difficult question of what is right. The notion that if he does not sell, someone else will certainly plays into it. If he is giving up money and not getting any benefit for our troops then it is simply misguided that refusing the sale will reduce risk to troops.

On top of that, there is the question of if Pakistan would ever use it against our troops. I don't know the politics well enough to know that probability, but I imagine the most informed is the State Dept (never mind that a clown is heading it up). So if State allows the sale, I'd go after it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Lots of stories about Pakistani's doing shady stuff along the Afghanistan/ Pakistan border.
We were in a TIC near the Paki border - within sight of the border guard posts - in AFG during OEF II. One of my guys got hit with a 12.7 round. I'm convinced we took fire from the Paki border guards because after we cleared the AO, we found no trace of a Dushka with the Muj.

Do I think the Pakis are shady? Hell to the Yeah, I think they're shady. Good on DTA for taking the hard right over the easy wrong.

Reactions: OvrK0

·
Registered
377 Posts
WOW. I my DTA SRS A1 arrived at my FFL today. I will probably pick it up Sunday and this even make me more excited about my decision to purchase a DTA firearm. My hats off to them with much respect!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
On top of that, there is the question of if Pakistan would ever use it against our troops. I don't know the politics well enough to know that probability, but I imagine the most informed is the State Dept (never mind that a clown is heading it up). So if State allows the sale, I'd go after it.
Pakistan is not an ally, Rumsfeld gave them an offer they couldn't refuse, help us or be "bombed back into the stone age." You think our most wanted man in the world just happened to choose a safe house by Pakistan's military academy?

State Department is run by politicians, you know those people with no ethics or morals, like Hillary "What does it matter" Clinton. They like to do things like fund terrorists in Syria. Thanks though, for telling us that you'd support them so that we now know who not to.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I see a DTA in my near future!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts