FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Vendor
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Design Machine has released three new products this month! Three different sling mounts for everyone that has been looking for a good sling system! The "Cigar Cutter" sling mount, which attaches to the front of the barrel, allowing for maneuverability and the solution to several mounting problems.

We've also released a Quick Detach Cup sling mount. This works and hangs absolutely perfectly with our "Cigar Cutter", or can be used alone as a single point mounting system!

Lastly our Rear Loop Strap Mount. A simple strap/sling mount, to do away with the awkward two piece strap system, simply supplying a single point steel loop to hold the sling of your choice.

qd1.jpg
qd4.jpg
qd3.jpg

Check it out and let us know what you think.
Happy Holiday's from Design Machine! Sam & Duane

Design Machine

Registered
thank god guys!!! i been been looking for a cigar cutter style mount for my PS90 SBR without paying 200 plus for a discontinued used sling (everyone I speak to on a 50003 sling wants 250 or more & all i wanted was the cigar cutter mount) I am so happy to see this post i feel like break dancing 馃槀

Premium Member
Design Machine has released three new products this month! Three different sling mounts for everyone that has been looking for a good sling system! The "Cigar Cutter" sling mount, which attaches to the front of the barrel, allowing for maneuverability and the solution to several mounting problems.

We've also released a Quick Detach Cup sling mount. This works and hangs absolutely perfectly with our "Cigar Cutter", or can be used alone as a single point mounting system!

Lastly our Rear Loop Strap Mount. A simple strap/sling mount, to do away with the awkward two piece strap system, simply supplying a single point steel loop to hold the sling of your choice.

View attachment 131687
View attachment 131689
View attachment 131691

Check it out and let us know what you think. If anyone decides they would like to purchase any of our three new sling products, use discount code "SLING" all caps no quotes for 10% off any or all of the three mentioned products!
Happy Holiday's from Design Machine! Sam & Duane

Design Machine
:th_sign0098:....:th_4_17_2:

Vendor
Discussion Starter #7
Really nice. Will the cost come down over time?
Probably not unless they become very popular and we can make them in very large batches. We tried to make them as cheap as possible and still be able to make a profit, which is why we split the pieces up instead of selling them in sets. Keep in mind they're made of cold rolled steel not aluminum, this is not a quick or cheap process. You wouldn't believe the price of end-mills today, and cold rolled steel eats them up! However right now we are running a special for our friends on the FN forum 10% on these three items with the discount code "SLING" all caps no quotes. I hope that answers your question.

Registered
FN never intended that type of sling mount for the PS90. If you have a P90 - Yeah. Exactly what they intended for the P90.
I really like this sling mount. Looks great and would probably be good on 10.4-inch P90 barrel. Unfortunately, putting something on the 16-inch barrel of a PS90 will send your accuracy right into the dirt. Anything putting ANY pressure on the longer PS90 barrel will totally ruin accuracy. That barrel absolutely needs to free float in the receiver without any other pressure during firing, and especially inconsistent pressure will ruin any hope of accuracy whatsoever. I know that from personal experience. I was very surprised, but I won't forget turning my usually sub-moa PS90 into a 6 moa gun instantly. I don't have a P90, so maybe it wouldn't make so much difference with the shorter barrel, but forget it on a PS90 barrel. Looks great though, and I might buy one anyway in case I ever decide to SBR my PS90. Otherwise - oh, all right. I had a look at their website and I just can't resist. Limited production stuff is always expensive. Better to spend the money now than wait . . . . . . and find they only made a few and they are out of production . . . . . .
Yeah. I just ordered one. Looks great, even if I can't use it while actually shooting my PS90. The discount code worked too.

Vendor
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It puts no tension on the barrel when shooting so it should cause no issues with accuracy. Your sling is left "slack" when shooting the gun, unless your purposely wrapping the sling around your arm and tugging at the barrel it should in no way affect accuracy regardless of SBR or 16" barrel. This mount only puts pressure on the barrel when the sling is holding the gun (hands free) when your holding the gun in a combat position the sling is left slack and the mount itself is just resting, not applying pressure. If for ANY reason, you think it hurt accuracy or don't like looks or how it operates, we will give you a full refund. We are only trying to give people a good sling mount, if I thought for a second it would not work properly nobody would ever have even see it.

Registered
PS-90 modded

Hello everyone, I鈥檓 a newbie , just took the leap and purchased the PS-90 , I added PS-90 Trijicon Mount, 3X flip to side unit, Rear QD Mount
and Front 鈥淐igar Cutter鈥 sling mount from Design Machine. (dmachineri.com) I also purchased a faux suppressor from MFI (https://mfiap.com/i-7788127-mfi-fn-...ce-includes-usps-priority-mail-insurance.html) for aesthetics , it鈥檚 good addition to my rifle, its well made and covers the pencil barrel. Customer service was great at both MFI and Design Machine.

View attachment 132381

Attachments

Registered
The new Design Machine Cigar Cutter Mount is a damn good product. I just got one from there, and I am in the process of field testing it. I can say from my Preliminary use it is one of the best pieces of equipment I鈥檝e ever had on my PS-90 SBR. I also am running their MRO mount with the their side rails. I could go on and on about how good Design Machines products are as a former army tanker now civilian guy who like to hike, camp and hunt with my rifle everywhere I go. Here is a link to my first impressions on the mount.
https://fnforum.net/forums/design-machine/221909-design-machine-cigar-cutter-mount.html

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts