FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anybody know of a guide that shows how to detail the strip the FNP-45? I mainly concerned with the slide.

Thanks...

·
Registered
319 Posts
As in removing the firing pin and such?

I was looking at this earlier. It doesn't look like you can do it without moving the rear sight.

That little plate that the firing pin protrudes through seems to be in the slide pretty tight. I'm guessing that a hole for a punch is under the sight and you have to drive the plate out while depressing the firing pin.

Will prolly need some special gadget to remove the extractor as well.

I was checking mine out to see how it comes apart. I've been a diesel tech for 20 years, I can't help myself.

2000 rounds and ya gotta send it in for a checkup. Or find a local smith that is familiar with FN's :(

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
We have someone who posted the instructions with pics on the 9mm/40 version - but have yet to see anything on the 45 version. The slide disassembly may be identical, however... I do not know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ShipWreck said:
We have someone who posted the instructions with pics on the 9mm/40 version - but have yet to see anything on the 45 version. The slide disassembly may be identical, however... I do not know.
Do you have a link to that? I searched around and cannot find it.

I sure hope one doesn't have to remove the rear site...what a pain that would be. If that's the case, +1 for the Glock and 1911.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts