FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Detectives: Teen shot home invader in 'self-defense'

VERO BEACH, FL -- Early Thursday morning, before 5:30 AM, residents in one Vero Beach neighborhood awoke to the sound of gun fire and deputies outside their homes.

"I went out to get my newspaper and I saw all the police officers out here with their lights on," said Don Dupuis who lives nearby the scene.

Deputies were investigating an apparent home invasion near the intersection of 47th Avenue and 1st Street SW.

They say 25-year old Thomas "T.C." Thompson broke in through the front window of a home there. He was armed with two knives. A mother and her two sons were inside.

"The female resident woke up with him standing at the foot of the bed with a knife in his hand. She screamed," said Detective Chris Cassinari, who is investigating the case for the Indian River County Sheriff's Office.

When he saw the intruder, deputies say one of the sons, a 19-year old, picked up a shotgun and fired - killing Thompson on the spot.

Friends say Thompson was having money troubles. Just last week he and his girlfriend were arrested for stealing copper wire from a Home Depot, which they planned to sell for scrap.

As for why he would break into this home, friends can only speculate. One theory: he was after drugs.

"I think he just came here to grab a couple of pills and it got out of control. Something happened and, I don’t know..." said Adam Leisinring, a friend of Thompson's.

The mother of the house, Joanne Hornsby, has had her share of trouble, too. She was arrested this year for selling painkillers – oxycodone.

Detectives say they did not find drugs or large amounts of cash in the house. They say, at the moment, the shooting appears to be justified.

"Yes, everything in this case at this point - it was self-defense," said Detective Cassinari.

Detectives say Thompson knew this family through a friend. But they say they're still investigating to why he broke into their home.

http://www.wptv.com/content/tcoast/story.aspx?content_id=13fcb937-2235-4ad3-9322-974c87b31eb1

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I don't feel sorry for the BG, And hope the son is able to deal with this. He did the right thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts