FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two DEVGRU soldiers from my state were died Friday in Afghanistan from injuries sustained from fighting on Thursday. The article in my local paper said no other information was available at the time, other than that they were engaged in a heavy firefight. We lost a couple of great soldiers, which leads me to wonder if we will be hearing anything more about what happened in the coming months.

It really seems like Afghanistan has really started to go downhill over the past year or so.

These guys were some of the best of the best and I appreciate what they have done for this country. Let's remember their families at this difficult time.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Sorry to hear the loss of more servicemen. Do you know if they had families?

It makes me mad when I here stuff like this. Adm Fallon was the CinC centrial command. He argued with the Bush administration over a year ago that more focus needed to be placed in Afghanistan vice Iraq, what did he get for his trouble? Ordered to retire. Now who is the new CinC of Centrial Command? General David Howell Petraeus.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It did not say if they had kids and and wives, but they were 30 and 34, so it is entirely possible.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Well regardless it's a heavy loss. I'm sure that your area will show them the respect they earned as you lay them to rest.

·
Administrator
11,358 Posts
djv38 said:
Two DEVGRU soldiers from my state were died Friday in Afghanistan from injuries sustained from fighting on Thursday. The article in my local paper said no other information was available at the time, other than that they were engaged in a heavy firefight. We lost a couple of great soldiers, which leads me to wonder if we will be hearing anything more about what happened in the coming months.

It really seems like Afghanistan has really started to go downhill over the past year or so.

These guys were some of the best of the best and I appreciate what they have done for this country. Let's remember their families at this difficult time.
DEVGRU????I have been out of the military so long that I no longer know what all the acronyms are.

Could you expand on the acronym?

More casualties of a war that was put on the back burner for quite some time and should have been resolved long ago.

My condolences to family and friends of the departed.

My utter contempt to those that caused this tragedy.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Naval Special Warfare Development Group; otherwise known as NAVSPECWARDEVGRU, or NSWDG but usually refered to as DEVGRU

1 - 7 of 7 Posts