FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Diamondhead USA just released their new Polymer Flip Up Sights. Known for their metal sights, their new polymer versions are a more affordable alternative that have some of the same features as their metal flip up sights. As with most other back up sights they mount to a Picatinny rail, they’re made out of a advanced polymer/composite material and weight in at just 1.2oz for the front and 1.5oz for the rear. They feature the patented Diamond-shaped apertures and housings as Diamondheads metal flip up sights as well NiteBrite Photoluminescent Inserts that can be charged with natural light or with a flashlight.
The sights are spring-loaded and deploy quickly with the push of a button. The rear sight has dual same plane long and short range apertures with .5MOA windage adjustment and are the exact same height as A2 sights. The front sight features elevation adjustment that doesn’t require tools. However just like other front sights on the market, the front sight can’t be mounted directly onto gas blocks. The front sight retails at $49 and the rear for $69. Check them out at Diamondhead-USA.com.
- See more at: Diamondhead USA Polymer Flip Up Sights

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a pair of these on my POF and love them. Now trying to figure out if the low picatanny mount from trijicon will cowitness with an rmr...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Thanks for the info. I think i just found out the BUS i will use on my next AR build

·
Registered
55 Posts
the sight picture from these is absolutely unreal...my buddy has the exact same POF and my BUIS outshot his ACOG easily within a 100 yards and he was p!ssed. Muahahahahaha. (Sidenote: I still want an ACOG)

·
Vendor
1,778 Posts
I can't speak to the ghost ring aperture, but I can say that the diamond shaped aperture for the distance side of the flip ( the smaller opening), is less than ideal for shooting.

The goal in order to reduce the amount of perceived blur on the front sight and on the target is to get an opening that is as small as possible, especially in the vertical direction, in order to increase your eye's effective f-stop, and improve depth of field.

While the diamond shape looks cool, and matches their company name nicely, having the vertex at 12 and 6 oclock makes the opening taller than it needs to be. A circle or square would be better, and a horizontal slit would be even better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts