FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I haven't been on the forum in a long time but I just purchased a used Scar 17!

I used to own one a few years ago,but had to sell it shortly after buying it. So I didn't really get a chance to test it out.

I've been recently looking at getting another one and was planning on purchasing one from the local store in about 6 months for about $2,750 plus tax, then I found someone local selling their FDE Scar 17. I didn't want to pass up what I thought was a great deal, so I'd love to hear your opinions, this is what I got:
FDE Scar 17 - 2011 build, seller stated only a few hundred rounds through it
Elcan SpecterDR 1-4x - 2011 purchase date too
Killflash
Optic cover
4 FDE mags, 3 brand new in box
Troy FDE grip
Bipod
Magpul FDE sling
50 rounds of Winchester .308

I paid $3600 for the setup. Pics coming soon...but how did I do?

Edit...adding picture:

1716582.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
The SCAR 17 is one of those guns where the price paid really doesn't seem to matter to me, it's so unique, so refined and just so badass. Enjoy the rifle!

·
Premium Member
9,514 Posts
Congrats on the 17!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I came up with $3750 for a price that I would have paid. So if it is in good shape and there were no tax or shipping charges.... $3600 is a great price. Congratulations.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
I assume you are happy with the deal. Anytime you make yourself happy, you've done good.:?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Unless the prices on 7.62 Elcans have come way down in the last couple of years it alone is a $2000 + piece of equipment.
Take the 17 out and shoot it, if it shoots, you made a great buy! I expect that it will do fine, most guns, mine included, are petted far more that shot (sadly).
Good luck. After you shoot it, would you let us know how things went and what your opinions are?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, you did good, where is the pic?
Thanks everyone for the comments! I will definitely be taking it out to shoot this week/weekend and let all know how it went.

Pic coming soon...just waiting for the right time to sneak it into the house, so the wifey doesn't see...lol

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks everyone for the comments! I will definitely be taking it out to shoot this week/weekend and let all know how it went.

Pic coming soon...just waiting for the right time to sneak it into the house, so the wifey doesn't see...lol
Haha. I'll be doing the same very soon. Good luck and see you on the other side

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'd say you did good, if you're not happy I'll help take it off your hands. Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I'd say you did better than most of us, when you decide you don't like your Elcan let me know. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts