FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dear Lord not this again.....................

it looks like it was test fired which it was.
Sorry if I am not aware of previous posts. I've shot guns for 55 years. Bought 100 new guns. I know they are test fired. Never saw one that looked like this after a couple shots test fired. My other FNX .45 in black, which I have 1000 rounds through does not look this worn.

My CZ's don't look like this this new, my Sigs don't look like this new, my FN 509's don't look like this new, my Glocks don't look like this new, my Colts don't look like this new, my Shadow Systems don't look like this new. My Springfields don't look like this new.

FN have some sort of testing methodology that simulates 5000 rounds of wear?

· Registered
1,543 Posts
Sorry if I am not aware of previous posts. I've shot guns for 55 years. Bought 100 new guns. I know they are test fired. Never saw one that looked like this after a couple shots test fired. My other FNX .45 in black, which I have 1000 rounds through does not look this worn.

My CZ's don't look like this this new, my Sigs don't look like this new, my FN 509's don't look like this new, my Glocks don't look like this new, my Colts don't look like this new, my Shadow Systems don't look like this new. My Springfields don't look like this new.

FN have some sort of testing methodology that simulates 5000 rounds of wear?
Did i get a used gun

· Registered
12 Posts
I don't know the coatings on FN pistols, but after buying close to 50 guns in my life time I would have to say that IMHO it looks used. But now you have left the store and have no way to prove that that didn't happen after purchase.

· Registered
14 Posts
I had that happen to me once, if yours is indeed used. Foolishly bought from a large chain store - a Sig 2022, which is a very nice weapon. All kinds of problems, including a decocker that bound up hard against the frame. My fault ultimately, as I should have examined it carefully.

It’s a hangar queen now, as I bought a new one from my LGS later. That one is perfect.

· Registered
76 Posts
I bought a used FNX-45 Tactical a year ago and it didn't look that bad and since then I've run another 500rds through it and doesn't look that bad. sorry for your bad luck, and like you said I've got new Sigs and they didn't look like that and a used Colt 1911 Defender Lightweight

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.