FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I researched many different light weight high capacity 9mm pistols.
Particularly
xd
glock
sig
Da/sa is the major factor in my search.
I left the house ready for the fnx purchase as I preferred the hammer decocking feature. I visit four shops in Florida.
Fnx was only available in 40 or only a 9mm in a California "politically bs" 10 round model. Every shop had limited inventory with no indication of when they will have more inventory. Fns was plentiful.

At the end of the day I convinced myself to go ahead with the fns striker fired instead of the fnx.
I justified it by thinking that it is cleaner without the hammer and less likely to snag upon draw.
I get home and find a few fnx9s on the internet less expensive than what I just plunked down.

I am awake now wondering, did I make the right decision?

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
If you don't feel right about the purchace and the pistol you could always put it up for trade or put it on this site first and then if you get no hits here you can stuff it on FUN broker for 150% mark up! :wink:

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Or you could be a good member and put it up here. Some folks here will pay the mark up so at least give them a fair shot at satisfying your wallet Before going to Gunbroker.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Collarman, FNS is a good gun, go ahead and check out - Tombstone Tactical, they are in AZ. Check out the FNH pistol section to see if they have the FNX in stock, or what the lead time is right now. The FNX-9mm was around $580.00 last time I checked. They have great customer service, and can assist you on how to get to you in FL.. Hope this helps.

FNH Fan:target:

·
Registered
39 Posts
It comes down to what you prefer. DA with the hammer or a striker fired.
I came down ont he FNS side and haven't looked back. Make sure you give it a "REALLY" good cleaning before firing and after a short break in you will have a very reliable gun. BTW the FNS eats everything for Ammo. Haven't found anything it doesn't like yet.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I would pick da/sa over striker fire any day. I got rid of my Glock 21 for an FNX 45 and I'm extremely satisfied.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Everyone has second thoughts but you have been given some great suggestions above. In today's crazy availablity of product it is easy to purchase something you are not 100% sure you will like because you might not get another chance. Then finding it for less, that always happens to me. You got a great gun enjoy it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the input tomorrow is the day I go to pick up/swap the fns. The store stated they would swapit since I have not picked it up yet. The challenge is that they are not likely to have the fnx. I went to the gun show this weekend and only found one fnx in stainless on one in black. That is after visiting 5 local shops with none!
guns are selling quick down here.
i did not want to buy another gun without settling this little conundrum.

I am not likely going to be able to get a refund allowing me to buy it elsewhere so i will either have to wait for an fnx which may not happen for awhile or find another gun there.
I am considering the hk p30s but they don't have that gun in the da/sa version only the law enforcement version.

Pissed that I made a decision in haste and may be stuck with a model I don't really want.

Any suggestions for alternative da/sa high capacity polymer pistols?

worst case scenario, I take it home place it on gun broker and go find the fnx. And yes I overpaid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My lucky day.
Went in and they had an fnx Mis labeled as an fnp. Clerk stated they would have sold it had it been labeled properly.
Shot about 50 rounds and thoroughly enjoyed it. Accurate and smooth. The sights are not great but everything else about this pistol is fantastic.

Any suggestions for sights would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went to the LGS several times looking at FNS 40 and decided...yep. Love it, so much I went back and got an FNS 9 to go with it. Both are doing fantastic and no flaws. Most likely the last handguns I'll purchase. But I, and some of my friends have definately paid more for ours then I see posted here. Shoulda looked here first I guess, but even the extra bucks....well worth the buy!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
That is a choice with no wrong answer - only a preference. As others have stated I am sure there are plenty of owners out there willing to make a swap with you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts