FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched a trailer for " A Million Ways to Die in the West" with Seth McFarlane. (Actually looks pretty funny). From the trailer it looks like he's the smart guy in the dangerous old west which is full of guns. He finds a woman that teaches him to shoot so he can save the town from a bunch of bad guys with guns....wait.....what? The good guy has to learn to shoot a gun in order to protect himself and others? Did Wayne Lapierre write the script for him? How can a liberal use a gun to stop bad guys with guns? That's not the way they do it. He should simply inform the outlaws (Liam Neeson) that guns are not legal inside the town. He can then force them to disarm because they simply "have to".

Just thought this was interesting.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Maybe a kid will pick up the good guy's gun and do something bad with it after which the good guy decides that guns are not the solution? Instead he will set up a bake sale where he teaches the outlaws manners and true wealth redistribution, Robin Hood style.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Have not seen the trailer but if it stars Liam Neeson I will be seeing it. Fine actor.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
As much as the left likes to champion Robin Hood, Robin stole from the overtaxing government to give from the poor, because there was no rich left when the government was done.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Extremely astute observation that even Ayn Rand missed, thanks! :)
LoL Not a problem. I grew up in an age where Robin Hood was done multiple times, and I had to think on this some to realize it. As for the OP, i'm sure they will try to explain it away as not needed in the current day and age. "Let's come to common ground to realize this is an 'OLD' way of thought that is no longer needed." They should go to modern day Detroit or to Chicago to make the film. Same atmosphere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts