FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for those far more knowledgable than I on things FN. Is there a functional and/or features advantage in owning a USG model instead of the "standard" black FNP .45? I ordered the USG but the distributor sent the FNP 45 instead. If there is no real difference I'd be just as happy with "basic black". What do you think? BTW, I'm new to FN products and this forum, so hello to all.

·
Registered
107 Posts
USG... Safety and de-cocker... Can be carried cock and locked. I believe, 2ea 14 round mag and 1ea 15 round mag with a nice bumper bad on the bottom (I could have that mixed up, I do know there is at least one if not more 15 rounders).

"Standard"... As you know by now. No Safety, so can't be carried cock and "locked" and 3ea 14 round mags.

Mags... That is if you live in a State that lets you have more then 10 rounders, if in one of the poop states, then you are just missing the Safety.

Now if it was me... I would want the USG that he said he was going to send, but lol I have the standard. But you are looking for a big pain in the butt to return, yes? But again, if not having the safety and one more round in your mags doesn't bother you, well, your choice on what to do.

links...
http://www.fnhusa.com/mil/products/firearms/family.asp?fid=FNF020&gid=FNG001
http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms/family.asp?fid=FNF020&gid=FNG001

And Welcome to the world of FN, you "will" enjoy your stay. :?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Mr. Steve: Thanks for the information. For the same amount of money I might as well go with the USG, and yes, the safety is a consideration I do care about, so thanks again.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
The 45 USG is also slightly (ever so slightly that is) lighter than the standard due to a "slim slide" and forward serrations on the slide.

and MrSteve was correct on the 2X14 rounders and 1X15 rounder with the USG model.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The USG also has serrations on the front end of the slide. The Standard does not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts