FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have decide to duro coat either my FS2000 or my PS90 or hell maybe even both! I'm a bit old school and am not interested in a digital pattern. My favortie 2 camo patterns have always been 1950's circa French Lizard and Rhodesian and I can decide on which to do so give me your .02 and if your a photoshop master unlike me I would love to see what you could come up with useing these 2 patterens.

Incase you aren't familiar with these patterns here are links to pics of them:
French Lizard: http://www.tridentmilitary.com/New-Photos9/frenchF11.jpg

Rhodesian: http://www.tridentmilitary.com/new-photos20/rhoripj.jpg

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which link doesn't work ? I treid and had no probs with any of them.
That has potential if the colors stood out a bit more!!
Much Thanks!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I have always just had a thing for that lziard pattern and hated that they didnt wear it in the legion while I served. They only switched to their Euro pattern right before I got out so I only wore it my last tour in Yugo otherwise it was all OD green. :cry:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm! It sux that that link doesnt work for you since it's probably the best picture of that pattern i can find but like I said It' protected so i can only link it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Have you considered the best all around camo there is?

It's called...........

Black. :) Both of the camo's you picked out are going to look like real tree when you put them on the gun :lol:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL I'm not sure they will look like real tree the VN tiger stripe doesnt look like real tree and they used lizard as a starting point to create it.
Then theres a big difference between you and I, for you "It's Stock" and the only "stock" in my vocabulary is when I call the parts guy and ask if what I want is in stock!! :lol:

·
Registered
980 Posts
In all serious I'm not to crazy about black as cammo, even at night, it's too dark. Commandos in WWII found that a navy blue jump suit serves best for night camouflage. I would have to agree. Our fatigues in the academy were dark blue and sneaking around I got to appreciate the color. I'd watch my friends melt into the shadows, their black hats and boots still visible after their jackets faded into nothing.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Granted these are digital patterns but how bad would these wapons stick out if they were just black?

By broncs at 2008-02-28

By broncs at 2008-02-28

By broncs at 2008-02-28

By broncs at 2008-02-28[/img]

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
We did a little unoffical test of camo out at SOI one day, at about 3 pm with slight cloud cover with regular woodland, realtree, british camo, tiger stripe, the Marine Corps digital and I can't remember the others. We had the students step 10 feet inside the treeline at 100 yards. out of all the camo only two could not be rapidly picked out.

The digital and tiger stripe. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
980 Posts
devildoc said:
We did a little unoffical test of camo out at SOI one day, at about 3 pm with slight cloud cover with regular woodland, realtree, british camo, tiger stripe, the Marine Corps digital and I can't remember the others. We had the students step 10 feet inside the treeline at 100 yards. out of all the camo only two could not be rapidly picked out.

That regular woodland is amazing in the field. I heard it was dropped only because there was so much of it worn by civilians and bad guys.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

That regular woodland is amazing in the field. I heard it was dropped only because there was so much of it worn by civilians and bad guys.
That and so many countries have adopted camo so similar to it. The French euro pattern is so similar to it that unless your used to the difference you wouldn't know it wasnt US woodland

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
That regular woodland is amazing in the field. I heard it was dropped only because there was so much of it worn by civilians and bad guys
I wouldn't put to much stock in that. The Marine Corps started the hole digital camo thing. If you ask me, it had more to do with the Marine Corps not wanting to look like Army personnel. The other thing is that the Marines wanted to change the physcal makeup. They slanted the top breast pockets, got rid of the bottom blouse pockets, and added upper shoulder pockets and 2 hidden pockets. On the pants they changed the cargo pockets and added elastic in the waist band. On the issue of the digital pattern, Quantco made that call, and they made sure that no one else could use there uniform because there are small EGA's embedded in the digital pattern.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That is true about the corps wanting to be different there were rumors of going to tiger stripe when I was in the corps. I actually bought a set with the ega's at a store which you arent supposed to be able to do.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I saw a pair of the tiger strips that the Marine corps was going testing while at a conference in Virgina, I think they made the right choice by selecting the digital IMO. The main reason why the Marines put EGA's on the Camo was so the other services (The Arny) could not wear them, In the Navy a Corpsman :? MO, DO, RP, PN or DK assigned to the Marines are authorized. At one time there was a real fight going on because the Army wanted to use the Marines pattern also. There is still alot that think the services should go purple if you know what I mean, but that is a long way off. On a side note the Navy has a Blue/Gray/Black digital camo now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts