FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just got my FN 4 yesterday and upon breakdown a friend noticed a little "bump" or dimple inside the barrel. It appears to be aligned with a F P stamp on the (exterior). It's really hard to photograph, but I can definitely see it there. Any thoughts? Thanks for helping me out!

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
IIRC, Blitzpig had an early 45 that had this. FN replaced the barrel. Give them a call Monday. I personally would not be comfortable shooting through a barrel with a visible dimple.

·
Banned
665 Posts
I've put over a thousand rounds of 45 thru mine, it doesnt seem to look any worse. I'm not worried about it being unsafe to shoot, if it would have blown up i'm assuming it would have done so all ready. I havent taken a chamber cast, but it doesnt look very deep. I have the EFK barrel so it doesnt bother me as much now.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Actually they did not replace the barrel, they polished it.

Never an issue with it and it still shoots very accurately.

Surprised you remember that Dan.

:D

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
That was a while ago wasn't it. I'm like an elephant like that, never forget :-D

Although I did forget what they did. Now where's Sony to find that thread :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.