FN Herstal Firearms banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Bought a brand new Five Seven MKII. Noticed out of the box, the rear sight adjustment looked pretty high elevation wise, and windage was one notch left.

Finally had a chance to test it out and I'm pretty disappointed.

At 25 feet, out of the box it was shooting low and to the left. Using SS197.

I'm not new to shooting pistols, but I thought maybe it was me, so I tried different hand-holds/finger placement and same thing.

I had to go clockwise full adjustment on both elevation and windage. Windage was on now, but even then with SS197 it was 6-7 inches low.

I tried some SS198 I brought to test, and elevation was 2-3 inches low still.

There is no more adjustment to the rear sight available. Not sure what to do at this point except contact FN.

Anyone got any input.
The FN 57 has a combat trigger you're never going to get great accuracy with this pistol when it's stock form. 30 ft using the 198 I have to lower my elevation on the rear side all the way down with the 195 I believe the blue and white VMAX the site elevation in the rear is basically and it's stock form

Best way to tell if there's a problem with your pistol is put it in a handsome rest and that will take all the human element out I will say if you're not used to shooting the 5-7 you're going to shoot a couple inches low from your point of aim until you get used to the trigger

I personally do not like the trigger on the 5.7 and why for me it's only a belly gun past 21 ft you're not going to get good groupings unless you're very careful my Ruger 57 is more accurate and I can shoot that faster in spite of the sloppy mushy trigger that I despise

Ironically as much as I don't like black pistols my 19x glock 19x that is with the OverWatch precision trigger at all distances I'm getting very good groups even with double taps and control pairs wish I could say the same for the fm57

Elite ammunition give them a call Jay Wolfe does an amazing job accurizing the pistol it'll cost you $450 but you'll have a 3.2 lb crisp trigger after it's all said and done I'm not sure I would feel comfortable using that as a carry gun with the trigger that light

The FN 57 has a combat trigger you're never going to get great accuracy with this pistol when it's stock form.
Found the stock trigger more than adequate for acceptable accuracy, especially at 10 yards and far beyond. Trigger job (not Elite) was just the icing on that cake, more of a want, then a need. Posts urging OP to spend considerable money at an "accurizing" company (not a FFL gunsmith--hence "accuarizer" ) without even following up to see if FN's repair took care of the SIGHT issue- is curious.

Hopefully FN took care of things. If not OP might find the following prior forum post of interest:

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.