FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, first time poster, great to meet everyone and be a part of the FN community. I have a quick question, has anyone ever had this type of discoloration on their upper receiver? Not sure if it's just from the oils from my fingers or maybe I need to be better about keeping the outside of the gun oiled, but wanted to see if it's anything to be worried about. Any feedback would be helpful, thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see thanks, is there a cleaning solution to use? Or is that just going to be a permanent mark and I gotta be more careful next time, wear gloves, keep the outside oiled, etc.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I see thanks, is there a cleaning solution to use? Or is that just going to be a permanent mark and I gotta be more careful next time, wear gloves, keep the outside oiled, etc.
Wipe the outside down with some light lubricant and that should take care of things. You've just produced another shade of FDE...

Reactions: saltyscar

·
Registered
95 Posts
Back in the day when I was younger and used to play paintball as a hobby, I recall hard anodized components getting worn with enough contact from the hands. It looks to me like your fingers were placed there and have worn the finish a bit either from natural acidity of your finger oils and/or from enough friction over time. Also, the fact that you have the rail delete means your fingers are able to make more direct contact with the receiver. I doubt oiling would have prevented it as your fingers would remove the oil in a hurry and the same thing would have happened. It just has some character now! No big deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts