FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that all PS90's have the model number (PS90) located in a milled out oval on the side of the weapon. Every P90 I have seen has not been milled out, and is located in the same spot. So is it possible that all PS90's were at one time P90's before they were re-marked and assembled as PS90's?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well besides the barrel and one other part I'm not going to talk about they are identical, so that's a fair assumption.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Actually - there are some minor differences. A P90 receiver will not fit on a PS90 stock, and vice versa.
Really? Huh, I didn't know that. Of course I haven't handled too many P90s so....

·
Registered
214 Posts
I believe you'll find the differences to be in the stock where the trigger pack slides in. The PS90 receiver should fit the P90 stock and vice versa. The trigger pack of the P90 will not fit a PS90, though I do believe a PS90 trigger pack will fit a P90.

Give CMMG a call and see if Jeff is available. He'll be able to tell you the differences. They had some complete P90s available not too long ago, though the receivers were cut up and not included. I do believe they also restricted the sale of them to SOTs

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting. I'm not looking to convert to full auto or any of that. I just thought it was neat that at one time my rifle "may" have been intended to be made into a select fire P90. Is there any PS90's that anybody has seen that do not have the model in a milled out depression?

·
Registered
980 Posts
No. All my PS90s (TR & USG) have the name sunk down into the receiver- as though "P90" had been milled out.

But perhaps the do that so you can't counterfeit a P90.

Good observation either way, I'd never picked up on that.

I have seen some shadows of the P90 though.-

If you take the safety switch out you will see how it still has the detents for the "A" position, and you can see where they milled into the mold to make it so the selector won't switch over that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts