FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a pretty good price premium on the IOM models, what's the big deal other than you can't buy them anymore?

They actually worth that much more cash?

Thanks!

·
Registered
569 Posts
TexasRifleman said:
There's a pretty good price premium on the IOM models, what's the big deal other than you can't buy them anymore?

Thanks!
Only to collectors, functionally they're identical.
Tomac

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Actually, the IOM is easier to handle with gloves on than the USG because the trigger gaurd is bigger. Also the grip is not as "pointy" as the USG so its more comfortable.
I have both and I like the looks of the USG better but the feel of the IOM better.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I'm trying to decide this right now myself. I just want to make sure that both of these are SAO (or is it DA/SA?), correct? I definitely like the looks of the IOM better than the USG, and if that's the only difference (I don't care about the reversible mag release) then I know which I'm gonna try and get.

As a side question, how does this work carrying +1 in the tube? That's the only way I'll carry any of my carry firearms.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
They are both SA. Trigger pull isn't that heavy at all. Some use the safety on when carrying it with a round in the chamber.

I don't carry mine - but when I keep it loaded - I never had the safety on.

Unless I carry a 1911, I never have the safety on.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Shipwreck, I know everyone has opinions, here's mine about DAO, DA, SA, etc...

There really should be a third class of firing operation, "striker fired"

Such as, glocks, fivesevens.....

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Orbital said:
Shipwreck, I know everyone has opinions, here's mine about DAO, DA, SA, etc...

There really should be a third class of firing operation, "striker fired"

Such as, glocks, fivesevens.....
If I understand U right - you do know a Five Seven isn't striker fired, right? There is actually a hammer in the frame that is concealed inside of the slide.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I would love to get my hands on an IOM :?

·
Registered
12 Posts
TexasRifleman said:

Thanks!
That's because people are willing to pay that much for it!!! :lol:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
There is quite a demand for them and some day they may be worth a pretty penny. Im looking at a new iom at a local gun shop here and they dont know what they have. They only want 1000 for it. Im considering snatching it up

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
iceman, take of it for me if u can and list of everything it comes with. If its missing any of the original items, I might be able to help you locate some of the hard to find pieces.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
cool thanks, i think it has 1 10 rnd mag and 5 20 rnd mags. no cleaning kit (who cares). The shop has it but they arent up to par too much with FN's products. Guy got it but never shot it. I have him holding it now

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
iCeMaN said:
no cleaning kit (who cares).
It matters if you want it for its collectors value.

If thats "all" it comes with, sounds like you are missing:

1 IOM user manual
1 FNH letter
1 ATF letter
2 10 round magazines
1 FNH lock
1 Test Fired Shell
1 Cleaning Kit
1 Sight adjustment tool

If its missing all of those then I wouldn't pay 1K for it because then you are just paying 1K for a used IOM missing all its original goodies.
If it wasn't an IOM, would you pay $1K for any used handgun that didn't come with all its original stuff?

For $1,100-$1200, you can find a pretty good IOM with all of its original goodies.
Think of it like the difference between a car with all "matching numbers" and one that is just "restored". There's a value difference there.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Yea i left some things out, it was a quick drool, but all i it seems to be missing is the cleaning kit

tqtran said:
iCeMaN said:
no cleaning kit (who cares).
It matters if you want it for its collectors value.

If thats "all" it comes with, sounds like you are missing:

1 IOM user manual
1 FNH letter
1 ATF letter
2 10 round magazines
1 FNH lock
1 Test Fired Shell
1 Cleaning Kit
1 Sight adjustment tool

If its missing all of those then I wouldn't pay 1K for it because then you are just paying 1K for a used IOM missing all its original goodies.
If it wasn't an IOM, would you pay $1K for any used handgun that didn't come with all its original stuff?

For $1,100-$1200, you can find a pretty good IOM with all of its original goodies.
Think of it like the difference between a car with all "matching numbers" and one that is just "restored". There's a value difference there.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Its all NIB never fired, he kept everything and just bought extra mags and ammo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
New kid on the block

Brand new to forum and an hour ago picked up my brand new IOM in Flat Dark Earth....agonized over it for a month..then finally talked myself into it today. My only other sidearm is a 3" Kimber Eclipse and I got tired of switching it from pickup to the expedition... so in reality my laziness is how I justified the new gun..lol Guess I will find an excuse to fire it tomorrow... Looking forward to helpful advice and suggestions. Are there nightsights available?.... so many questions.... so little time...

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Congrats. U must have gotten a USG in flat earth, though. The colored frames are fairly new - and the IOM version is no longer made.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts