FN Herstal Firearms banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm fortunate to live in an open carry state, so I generally carry my FsN in a Blackhawk Serpa ( I have a USG model)....On the occasion that I am going to conceal, and I'm a little guy (5'6"--150#) I use a Tagua with thumb break strap...at the 4 o'clock position, with a loose shirt over it. It's comfortable enough to drive around town without removing it while driving. Just as good as a Galco, but half the price....really nice leather.

I carry the FN Five-seveN everywhere I go using the Alien Gear IWB and OWB holsters. I put a 30 round ProMag mag in it and carry 2 30 round mags in a pouch I got from Elite. It's chilly now and I suppose I will have to switch to 20 round clips for Spring and Summer. I love the 5.7 and I think it's the best assault pistol. I named my Five-seveN "Justice" and my SCAR 17S "Freedom."[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I carry the FN Five-seveN everywhere I go using the Alien Gear IWB and OWB holsters. I put a 30 round ProMag mag in it and carry 2 30 round mags in a pouch I got from Elite. It's chilly now and I suppose I will have to switch to 20 round clips for Spring and Summer. I love the 5.7 and I think it's the best assault pistol. I named my Five-seveN "Justice" and my SCAR 17S "Freedom."
please tell me what the heck is an assault pistol.

i have many pistols and none have ever assaulted anyone.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
My five seven is my main carry piece year round when I am home. I conceal it with a comfort holster Bentley. It has gel on the inside and lives up to its name even for a fat guy like me.

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy

·
Registered
609 Posts
I had to pay a scalpers price of $120.00
yes fn doesnt produce enough guns but why does blackhawk follow in their footsteps in not making enough holster....??

seriously blackhawk who in the hell is carrying a ruger p85, taurus judge or sw j-frames???? wtf!!!!!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
yes fn doesnt produce enough guns but why does blackhawk follow in their footsteps in not making enough holster....??
What doesn't make any sense, by their own admission it costs them THOUSANDS of dollars to manufacture a Serpa mold.

Why would they go to all of the expense to produce a mold then only do a run of 300 units and shut it down?

If you've never carried a pistol in a Serpa on duty you can't begin to appreciate the obsession with it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I carry Alien Gear IWB and their new OWB. Lots of adjustments and you can cant it to make it more easily fit your body type. Im in North Florida so the daily attire is "relaxed" Nice rigs and nice company to deal with.

Al

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings all,
I got a specially made holster for my 5 7 with sheep skin, the 9 yards from an artist leather man here in El Paso. However, as pertty as it looked, it was uncomfortable to say the least. I wasn't going to ask for my money back, the guy took a month to make this thing. So, it collects dust along with my dress blues. Ha!
I've found by simply carrying a 20 round clipin the pistol and in my front right pants pocket, it feels good to me. Also, in my back pocket slacks I carry a 30 round clip, pretty much where ever I roam. Never had a prob because it's light enough to be able to do that.
One other thing, as a backup gun, I've carried it in a specially made sheepskin, leather, and stretchable velcro on my inner right boot. With my long uniform bulky pants, it fits perfect. I've trialed it by running and it didnt move a centimeter. I've never had to use it, but I rest easy knowing it's there. Our service weapon is a 23C (Compensated) glock .40 cal; excellent pistol, accurate, reliable, n powerful. But it's second best to my 5 7; always will be. Thanks for reading,
Frank Castle

21 - 40 of 60 Posts