FN Herstal Firearms banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
For some ass reason, FN insists on making the MKII with massive sights, and could it be the WORLD's MOST impractical mag release?
It HAS to stick out 3/8ths of an inch? Get combat sights for your 5.7, and trust me, one of the easiest jobs in the world is removing the
mag release, and grinding it down flush.

With combat sights, instead of a front sail you could race 30 foot schooners with, the 5.7 fits in any glock 19 holster.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
For some ass reason, FN insists on making the MKII with massive sights, and could it be the WORLD's MOST impractical mag release?
It HAS to stick out 3/8ths of an inch? Get combat sights for your 5.7, and trust me, one of the easiest jobs in the world is removing the

With combat sights, instead of a front sail you could race 30 foot schooners with, the 5.7 fits in any glock 19 holster.
First of all, there are NO aftermarket replacement sights for the FiveseveN MK II unless you count the ToolTech Tritium units which are as large as the stock sights.

Second, it’s NEVER a good idea to place a pistol into a holster that wasn’t designed for it. That can result in a ND!

Especially with a design like the FiveseveN, the safety placement requires the holster have a channel molded for it and the trigger doesn’t have a blade in the middle to prevent it being activated by the holster.

Using a Glock holster might result in when you chamber a FiveseveN with a chambered round and the safety on having an ND because the holster knocked off the safety and pushed the trigger to the rear.

·
Registered
101 Posts

I need new sights these dig into my side

·
Registered
405 Posts
I need new sights these dig into my side
You can go with a lower front blade option that allows you to adjust your rear blade all the way down. This reduces the amount it sticks up and therefore reduces how much it hangs up on you and clothes etc.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Look I’m a small frame guy I use the 5.7 for edc and have no problem using it had a ccw ummmmm if u seen the YouTube video I posted up I also like using s belly band holster for the 5.7

·
Registered
19 Posts
Custom dual shoulder rig by Sam Andrews, in the past. I have changed to exclusively use Dale Fricke custom Kydex holsters for everything.

·
Registered
Five-Seven and PS90
4 Posts
Let's face it, the 5 7 is NOT a small gun. The size may make it prohibitive for many to carry. But it is incredibly light for a gun its size. Especially for a gun with so much firepower. At 7 ozs a pop, fully loaded mags are so light, it is pretty simple to tote around an extra mag or two. This gives the carrier 41 or 61 rounds on tap. A 5 7 mag loaded with 20 rounds weighs half as much as a Glock 17 mag with 17 rounds.

Just wondering who else uses their 5 7 for everyday carry? I live in South Florida and wear shorts and a T Shirt 365 days a year. Much to my surprise I have found it very easy to carry this gun daily wearing the same outfits I would wear even if I was not carrying.

I have several holsters for my 5 7. A Ebay kydex IWB, an Alien Gear IWB, and a Tucker Gunleather custom Cover Up Plus IWB. After much experimentation I find I like the Tucker Cover up the best. It is the least bulky, and adjustable for cant and ride height.

I decided I would like to have an option for OWB carry as well. So I ordered a Mernickle a high-ride P6 custom carry for my 5 7 as well. I figure I can conceal an OWB holster just as easy, especially a high riding one. I just thought it would be nice not to have a gun stuffed inside my pants some of the time :)

What do you guys use for carry? Here are mine...

Here is my Cover Up Plus model that Tucker Gunleather made for me. It ran $105. Thus far my favorite way to carry my 5 7. Been using it daily for about 7 months now.

View attachment 40111

View attachment 40112

Here is the Alien Gear which I find a little too bulky. Price is great at $40. While you can adjust for height, the cant is fixed.

View attachment 40113

Ebay Kydex No Brand holster. Works fine for an inexpensive holster ($45). Pretty much straight drop only and lacks cant and height adjustment.

View attachment 40114

This is the Mernickle P6 I am waiting for. Just the holster, not the belt or carrier. The holster alone was $139. Looking forward to trying it out. I think it looks very cool. Lots of finishes to choose from. It rides very high! In addition to the belt loops, it has a leather paddle on the inside that tucks in between your belt and pants that keeps the top of the gun from tipping out and away from your body. People seem to love these holsters.

Let's face it, the 5 7 is NOT a small gun. The size may make it prohibitive for many to carry. But it is incredibly light for a gun its size. Especially for a gun with so much firepower. At 7 ozs a pop, fully loaded mags are so light, it is pretty simple to tote around an extra mag or two. This gives the carrier 41 or 61 rounds on tap. A 5 7 mag loaded with 20 rounds weighs half as much as a Glock 17 mag with 17 rounds.

Just wondering who else uses their 5 7 for everyday carry? I live in South Florida and wear shorts and a T Shirt 365 days a year. Much to my surprise I have found it very easy to carry this gun daily wearing the same outfits I would wear even if I was not carrying.

I have several holsters for my 5 7. A Ebay kydex IWB, an Alien Gear IWB, and a Tucker Gunleather custom Cover Up Plus IWB. After much experimentation I find I like the Tucker Cover up the best. It is the least bulky, and adjustable for cant and ride height.

I decided I would like to have an option for OWB carry as well. So I ordered a Mernickle a high-ride P6 custom carry for my 5 7 as well. I figure I can conceal an OWB holster just as easy, especially a high riding one. I just thought it would be nice not to have a gun stuffed inside my pants some of the time :)

What do you guys use for carry? Here are mine...

Here is my Cover Up Plus model that Tucker Gunleather made for me. It ran $105. Thus far my favorite way to carry my 5 7. Been using it daily for about 7 months now.

View attachment 40111

View attachment 40112

Here is the Alien Gear which I find a little too bulky. Price is great at $40. While you can adjust for height, the cant is fixed.

View attachment 40113

Ebay Kydex No Brand holster. Works fine for an inexpensive holster ($45). Pretty much straight drop only and lacks cant and height adjustment.

View attachment 40114

This is the Mernickle P6 I am waiting for. Just the holster, not the belt or carrier. The holster alone was $139. Looking forward to trying it out. I think it looks very cool. Lots of finishes to choose from. It rides very high! In addition to the belt loops, it has a leather paddle on the inside that tucks in between your belt and pants that keeps the top of the gun from tipping out and away from your body. People seem to love these holsters.

Texas Heritage by Tucker. Most comfortable--I have one for several carryguns.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts