FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am referring to those tattoos that some girls and young woman are getting on their lower back, or right above the crack of their ass. Many women are getting them; many guys are drooling over them. These lower back tattoos, also known as ass antlers, are becoming more and more common around here. And since so many girls are getting them, I must ask, have tramp stamps gained any class over time? Have they become acceptable for "good girls"?????

I seen a girl in line today at the store who was wearing shorts and a half shirt. She had one of these tattoos, and it looked like a Harley Eagle taking flight from the crack of her ass! :evil:

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I personally don't care for tatoos at all - especially on a woman. Many people think they look kewl - I don't. I've even seen some women claim to look for guys with lots of tattoos.

At the time I grew up (I[m only 36) and where I lived, people always had negative connotations of people with visible tattoos.

Anyway - if a woman HAD to have one, that's about the only kinda I like on a woman.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Whatever people choose to do to themselves or with themselves is their bussiness as long as it doesn't harm others. But I find them unattractive myself. It is just a fad, but it speaks of trashyness in my opinion. But to be certain it is just my opinion. Trashy.

·
Banned
328 Posts
And since so many girls are getting them, I must ask, have tramp stamps gained any class over time?

No tattoo gains class as it appears on more and more people. It just becomes a cliche like the "tribal" pattern you see on arms and ankles everywhere. I'm pretty sure there will be a vending machine soon where you swipe your card, insert your arm and get your choice of tribal, barbed wire or superman logo. Most tramp stamps (AKA California license plates) seem to be the same butterfly or rose pattern.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
It would be funny if Erica has one of those tattoo's and you just called her a tramp ICM856 :x :x :x . If its done well, and is't extravagant, a tattoo can be very sexy, IMO, of course.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Furyataurus said:
It would be funny if Erica has one of those tattoo's and you just called her a tramp ICM856 :x :x :x . If its done well, and is't extravagant, a tattoo can be very sexy, IMO, of course.
Well, I am absolutely NOT trying to offend anyone. I am just repeating what I have heard them describe as, and as I have acknowledged,"Many women are getting them; many guys are drooling over them".

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it ICM856, I doubt she has a "tramp" stamp, and I'm sure that's what she probably calls them as well. I wonder if she has any tattoo's......

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I dont like tramp stamps personally....it works more as a bullseye for me:)

Edit:
I don't have any personally and never will. I find them to be rather unattractive.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I personally don't care for tatoo's either. However, my gf has a small cross on the right side of her back (about kidney hight). Can't see it unless she pulls her shirt up a bit, so it's not as bad as a tramp stamp. It surprised me that she got it, she doesn't even have any piercings (including ears).

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
That another thing that i dont care for is an abundance of piercings....seems like alot of girls here have both a tramp stamp and ears full of holes as well as their belly button pierced

·
Registered
54 Posts
Guess im the odd one out a bit. My g/f has 2 piercings in one ear, three in the other, belly button, and tounge ring. Also has a 3" or so tattoo at the nape of her neck. Shes planning on getting a full back tattoo once the design is complete (and she can save up for a good enough artist).

I dont have any currently, have considered some, but the generic public wouldnt see them, even when they are on the arms.

-E

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Enigma Nostra said:
Guess im the odd one out a bit. My g/f has 2 piercings in one ear, three in the other, belly button, and tounge ring. Also has a 3" or so tattoo at the nape of her neck. Shes planning on getting a full back tattoo once the design is complete (and she can save up for a good enough artist).

I dont have any currently, have considered some, but the generic public wouldnt see them, even when they are on the arms.

-E
I don't have any tats but a buddy of mine use to be a tattooist and I have seen some pretty ugly tattoos on both men and women, They don't bother me when tastefully done and done well ( no DIY tats ) My wife has one on her shoulder of a Indian Medicine Wheel and the reason for that is she's a RN.

·
Registered
156 Posts
blkbd said:
I have seen some pretty ugly tattoos on both men and women, They don't bother me when tastefully done and done well ( no DIY tats )
+1 Tattoos are like make-up or jewelry. They can enhance or detract but it's a matter of taste and it's something permanent (so choose wisely). I've been involved with girls who have had them and girls who have not. So far it has not been a deal maker or deal breaker for me. Unfortunately, one girl I knew went from a bad tattoo in the small of her back to a much larger one (covering 2/3's of her back) in order to cover up the first one. Sadly the artist's ambition exceeded his ability. The large one wasn't horrible but it did show a deficit in artistic ability.

If you're in my parents' generation, tattoos are a mark of class. Nowadays, for modern 20 and 30 somethings, I don't think that stereotype holds because the nature and quality of the artwork has changed. I think the subject matter and placement of the tattoo is far more indicative of a person's class status than the mere fact of having one. A girl who gets her boyfriend's name emblazoned on her breast tends to be coming from a different place than the girl who gets a small design (star, rose, whatever) in a strategic, easily concealed location.

·
Registered
630 Posts
are we talking about something like this

·
Registered
164 Posts
Tattoos are like make-up or jewelry.

Not really, you can remove makeup and jewelry. You're stuck with a tat.
I was watching the olympic diving and one of the girls had tats going up her arm and on her shoulder. I forgot about her diving and just thought about how tacky that looked.

I too believe that it's your body and you should be able to do what you wish to it. But then again if your body is your temple should you be covering the walls with graffiti?

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Madhouse said:
coldair said:
are we talking about something like this
the link didn't work, but copy and paste the img url and you can see it

that's buck wild right there
That is just awful right there. here is a link to the image.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PZ1Rmc43-...zhNP5eFUKtc/s1600/corinthians_tramp_stamp.jpg

Worst thing is, "love" in this passage isn't the common usage of "Love" today like Hollywood may have you believe. If you do any amount of research on 1 Corintians 13 it becomes very clear that the "love" these verses talks about is of the highest order. Our word "love" is sorely inadequate to describe what this is saying. You hear this champter all the time at weddings, like "Oh, our love is just like 1 Corinthians 13 [sigh, bats eyes at each other]"...yet that is NOT the "love" that this passage is about.

I wonder if she has a clue about any of that?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts