FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 2 PS90's (for the wife, and I) recently, and the reason I bought them was simple:

-Obviously the capacity is a huge plus, as well as the recoil.
-Ease of maintenance
-Modularity
-Reliability

And last but not least:
-Ease of operation (My wife is about 5'5 and 110 lbs!, she could shoot this thing all day with no problem, as well as my mother who isn't athletic at all, has never shot a gun etc.)

I though I did enough research until I started seeing all the 5.7 hate posts on other forums. I have no doubt of the PS90's abilities with the "intended" ammo. All I read when it comes to the ballistics of the civilian ammo is 22 magnum ballistics, etc. Honestly guys without using souped up ammo would you really trust the available ammo. I wanted the PS90 to be my primary SHTF weapon because of everything I get with it. Besides crazy power it's pretty much a perfect system. I have an AK so "power" isn't an issue for SHTF, but I like the idea the the wife and I could get out of Dodge if need be carrying 1500 rounds a piece, and it would really weigh you down. It's an awesome platform, but I am having trouble having faith in the legal ammo for self defense.... Has anyone put down a big hog, or anything else sizable for that matter with "civie" 5.7 loads? Has anyone ever shot at a thick piece of beef, or a pig carcass to see actual tissue penetration/damage versus gelatin?

Thanks for the help
Peace of mind would be nice.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Did you see these threads:

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=5991

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=4985

These were thru a Five Seven pistol, if I remember right. But, I have no problems relying on the factory loads for self defense.

I have been involved in some of those naysayer threads on other forums. The guys are loud and obnoxious. And, they think they know it all. Also, the same few guys seem to pop up on any of these threads at other forums, and they bring it down in flames. So, so many times, it comes down to name calling.

So, I wouldn't put THAT much stock in what these guys say. On the flip side - I know this is an FN site -s o U are worried that we are drinking Kool-Aid :D

My five seven handgun is my nightstand gun. I like the 197 ammo. I have no problems relying on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts