FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to send in those little card registrations - I don't bother anymore. I always have the receipt to prove the purchase, if need be. The only exception is on Berettas, which give U an extra year of warranty if U send it in...

What do U guys do?

·
Administrator
11,087 Posts
ShipWreck said:
I used to send in those little card registrations - I don't bother anymore. I always have the receipt to prove the purchase, if need be. The only exception is on Berettas, which give U an extra year of warranty if U send it in...

What do U guys do?
All guns are registered. Its called the 'background check'. They have your name, address, type of firearm, serial number, etc... Next time you buy a gun from a FFL, listen to the phone call to the local authorities (FDLE in Florida) and what information is passed on to them. The only thing they don't get is the ballistics fingerprint - no wait, do you remember the empty cartridge you get with a new firearm? Wonder who gets the 'fingerprint' of the bullet fired from it.

The only exception is FTF sales that have no 'background check' done, and they are trying to change that as well.

Compliments of the anti-gun majority.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
When I bought my very first gun I did, but many years later I just don't see the point to register.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I can't remember ever sending in the registration or warranty cards in on firearms. I have on lasers and scopes though.

·
Registered
252 Posts
No. I do not. And not all guns are registered. I'll bet you dollars to donuts that rifle your dad bought at Sears in back in '72 isn't! And what about that $25 dollar highpoint you bought from a friends friend thinking shurly you could trade it in for more? :oops:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I hate rebates, unless it is a huge amount, like > $100, I'll usually shop around. I'd rather save $20 up front than hope I receive a $50 rebate in 6 months.

·
Registered
268 Posts
All my guns were purchased legally, so they probably got all the info. Only exception is the LNIB chinese SKS someone gave me yesterday.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Setzer77 said:
All my guns were purchased legally, so they probably got all the info. Only exception is the LNIB chinese SKS someone gave me yesterday.
I think U misunderstand- I am talking about registration with the factory - How you purchase and state laws associated with it is a seperate issue...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Oh lol....in that case no. I -almost- registered with my Taurus, but wound up being to lazy to send the card in. I had to send my SA 1911 back one time and they never asked for any sort of proof that I bought the gun, they just fixed it...same with S&W actually.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts