FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Yes. A NIB FDE SCAR 16s can be bought off of Gunbroker for $2289.00 right now.

·
Registered
946 Posts
IS more than I would pay for a used one. New ones can be found easily (especially in the superior black color) for $2400. Saving $200-300 for a used one with 1000 rounds through it is not my idea of a deal.

Sniped

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
With the optic is a fair deal IMO. Remember it is OBO, so he is flexible in price. I wouldn't pay more than $2,000 for that gun personally.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I think you've got your heart set on the gun already. Like myself and others have said new 16s can be had for what he's asking for that gun. If youre looking for a used deal then gun you linked isn't it. Let it pass and keep searching.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I think you've got your heart set on the gun already. Like myself and others have said new 16s can be had for what he's asking for that gun. If youre looking for a used deal then gun you linked isn't it. Let it pass and keep searching.
+1 In addition i've seen a number of reports that Eo Techs don't hold up very well on a SCAR> Perhaps that's on the 17S not the 16S. I wouldn't want an EoTech for my SCAR. You'd be limiting the range you can get to with a non magnified optic. At a minimum i'd want at least a 1-4x scope or even better a 1-6X or 1-8X variable. I run a Nightforce NXS 1-4X20 on my 16S after quickly finding the EoTech and an Aimpoint ML3 didn't suit my use for the 16S.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
While were on the topoc, what would you guys pay for a used scar 16 or 17?
Honestly, I've not seen prices on used scars that justify not paying the difference for a new one. With that being said, though, were i to see 2100 for a used 17, or 1800 for a used 16, i would consider it. Anything above that and i couldn't justify buying used over new. However, i'm not in the market for one either, so take my opinion for what it's worth.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Better off buying new! with the prices mentioned here for new 16, it wouldn't be smart to buy a used 16 w/1000 rds for that amount. Hard telling if those 1000rds went thru the bbl in a simulated full auto fashion just to show off in front of spectators that were in aww of being that close to a real SCAR. If you got $2200. now, wait and save another $200/$250 and buy new and you'll have no regrets. JMO

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Yes. :?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Depends on how used the guns are. Too many variables to make a blanket statement. Is like LNIB? Is it all beat up to hell? 90%? While SCAR prices don't quite plummet as much as AR prices, it had gone down considerably. I just bought a combo NIB SCAR17S with an Eotech XPS2-2 for $3100 about Christmas time 2014.

While were on the topoc, what would you guys pay for a used scar 16 or 17?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I wouldn't buy it for that price unless I was able to handle it. I think you should just save a while longer and buy new, or find a better used gun. That EOTech is old as the hills, avoid the EOTech.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts