FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cause mine sure do.

I've been downloading them to 13 because it bugs the heck outta me. I've dissasembled them, cleaned them, loaded, reloaded and left loaded. Same thing.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Many, many guns do this. My P99 mags rattle if I load them to 15 rounds. STrangely enough - my SW99 mags (which work in the P99 and hold one extra round) do not rattle.

My PX4 that I had until recently rattled if ya loaded the mags all the way. This is just what happens for some doublestack mags. People claims that it can depend on how ya load it, etc. But, I find that no matter how I load these mags, they rattle if you fill them completely. That's just the way they are.

I have 1 less in my mag, as I always underload by 1 unless its a 10 round mag typically. So, I haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
My FNP-9 mags do this occasionally. One in particular rattles when fully loaded, but how bad seems to depend on the day. A couple of them don't rattle at all, but they are ones I just bought and have pretty stiff springs (which might be why they don't rattle).

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I have the solution for this. You carry a pack of tic tacs in your pocket. When someone questions you about all the rattling, you pull out the tick tacks and say "Want one?"

Mine also rattle, but I find that keeping them loaded down one round helps a bit (not completely). I rarely notice it when carrying.

·
Registered
490 Posts
My 40 cal mags rattle when full loaded I owned a smith and wesson 40 cal Sigma and the smith mags rattled too. I never found a solution to fix that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My mags rattle sometimes too. I've found that if I hit the bottom of the mag a few times it fixes the problem. I think this is common with some double stack mags. I've seen it in the XD-m as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts