FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ShipWreck said:
That is pretty sweet! I really like the stargate symbol.

U da man!
Thanks. Work in progress. Gun not finished. I'm playing with the idea of engraving Stargate symbols - just looking to see where and how it would look.

We'll see ....

-TH

·
Registered
636 Posts
old thread found by spam lol how ironic

TH- that is f-ing cool got any updated pics?

·
Registered
48 Posts
How's it working?

I've got the JPoint one that i'm using on my ACOG'd M4 here in Iraq. I was thinking about trying it on my PS90 when i get back. I just like how small, light weight and low profile it is. How well does it work on the PS90?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a TASCO (now the J-point) on my glock 22, in place of the rear sight. 1" groups off of a rest at 25 yards is nothing to laugh at, considering that the sight itself is flying back and forth with the slide. It takes up almost no space, I can still holster the Glock in a standard kydex holster, and the dot is easy to find. It adjusts automatically to light conditions, but I have had problems with snow in the daylight. My battery lasted four years before changing it. When I went to sight it back in, it was still on. Great sight, worth the money.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is bright enough. The brightest optic I have seen to date is TruGlo. at high noon, I cannot see the dot against my back yard white fence.

But I doubt I would be shooting anything white anytime soon.

I will have updated pics soon.

Cheers,

-TH

·
Registered
980 Posts
Therm,
Interesting. I have tried the TriPower, Z-Point, BSA, and EoTech.
only the EoTech is bright enough in the most extreme situations.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Eotech is very bright - but on the brightest setting - it blurrs - TruGlo does not. If TruGlo was oh - about $300 more, IT would be the most sought after. Funny how the $$$ price tag dictates into the psyche of the customer.

-TH

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thermallator said:
Here is my optic.

-TH
I like what you did to your PS90. I am curious, why did you elect to keep the remnants of the rear BUIS as a hatchet blade? Why not slim it down like you did with the rest of the receiver.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
hkbeltfed said:
Fargo said:
Why not slim it down like you did with the rest of the receiver?
And, why not eliminate the rail and mount and mount the optic to the receiver? Maybe that would be too low?!?
Well, I can see the point of the rail. U need the rail because U may eventually change the optics. U don't want to pigeon-hole yourself into having to only keep 1 optic. Plus, I think it would have been hard to mount that little optic to the receiver itself w/o using at least PART of a rail.

·
Registered
28 Posts
ShipWreck said:
U don't want to pigeon-hole yourself into having to only keep 1 optic. Plus, I think it would have been hard to mount that little optic to the receiver itself w/o using at least PART of a rail.
Well, everyone with he standard receiver is kinda stuck with the ring-sight, unless they add a rail.

It wouldn't be difficult. You'd just make the receiver top like the Doctor's mount.

On a side note, I'm considering mounting a Doctor on my standard receiver. It slips down kinda like the stock sight and could be mounted pretty low.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hkbeltfed said:
Fargo said:
Why not slim it down like you did with the rest of the receiver?
And, why not eliminate the rail and mount and mount the optic to the receiver? Maybe that would be too low?!?
Good questions.

1. The rear (lowered) flap will serve as the protector for a fold down rear sight witch will flip towards the rear of the gun. I also wanted to preserve a bit of the lineage.

2. The rail - I know that (being fickle) I will want to swap optics and setup for a particular scenario. since the rail offers me the most flexibility - I went with that. Second, mounitng the optic right to the receiver makes it too low. As is, I have it as low as it can get without compromising the dot visibility or having to eat the weapon while you aim.

That's all for now.

Cheers,

-TH

1 - 18 of 18 Posts