FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about this, the other day, and wondered how interesting it would be if FN decided to make a "half sized" FiveSeven pistol, that could be used in a conceal carry situation. Holding 10 197 rounds seems to be enough firepower, perhaps even enough speed for CCW distances with a shorter barrel.

Feasible?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
They've stated that they have no plans for this in prev Q&A sessions, if I remember right. I think the round may need a certain minimum length barrel to be effective (to get enough velocity up)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, thanks.

By the way, everytime I see your avatar I want to tell you that the episode that is from is my all time favorite episode on Star Gate! So, here I am doing so. :)

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Orion said:
By the way, everytime I see your avatar I want to tell you that the episode that is from is my all time favorite episode on Star Gate! So, here I am doing so. :)
:? :? :? :? :?

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
I would like a Compact Fiveseven but as stated by FNH many times in the past, its not going to happen.
As Shipwreck stated, it would need a minimum barrel length to be effective. I think a 4" barrel would still get SS195 out at 2000fps but we are stuck with the 4.8" barrel...maybe one day someone else will make one...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts