FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would ask here to try and save some money. The factory sights are really tight in the XD slides and it's best to use a sight pusher. They run anywhere from $70-140 and I would rather not buy one if I don't have to. My local shop doesn't have one and I don't want them hammering on and busting the sights.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hey - just saw your post.

I elected to send out for replacement from this fellow: XDMAN.com

Glad I did. He is highly recommended (check out the XD forums). Professional job. Sent him the new sights and had it back in my hands within days.

·
Premium Member
8,491 Posts
If your local shop has an upright milling machine they can use it to push the sights without damaging them, it's what my local 'smith uses and he's yet to damage a sight. I finally broke down and purchased a B&J Machine P500 Pro Sight Tool but unfortunately do not loan out my tools any longer, this tool is well worth it in my book and will remove or install virtually any sight on virtually any pistol. You should get one!

I figured I would ask here to try and save some money. The factory sights are really tight in the XD slides and it's best to use a sight pusher. They run anywhere from $70-140 and I would rather not buy one if I don't have to. My local shop doesn't have one and I don't want them hammering on and busting the sights.

Reactions: KameronTKelly

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas I appreciate the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts