FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to pick up an extra factory hammer pack or 2 and a 1/2x28 threaded short barrel (or 2) around the size of the original P90. (I am an 07/SOT and I am going to register 1 as an SBR as I need one for testing). Since I am still a little green to the system, does anyone sell the whole barrel group assembled (for ease of changing configuration without tools) or is it just the barrel that is removed from the rail section and replaced?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Z

·
Administrator
11,358 Posts
There are NO available replacements parts from the manufacturer.

There are some parts available on Gunbroker or other online auction houses or even for sale here or in the other "I can't tell you" forum but they are few and far in between and expect to pay out the waazoo for them.

The last hammer pack I saw for sale sold for over $500.00. A typical receiver can be had for around $400 to $500. Take off barrels are as cheap as $75 but usually have been cut at the blind pin so they are useless unless you have a machine shop cut, recrown, and thread the barrel. CMMG and TROSUSA sell short barrels for well over $200. CMMG sells replacement barrels also.

There are other sources but you have to continously search the web for these items and hope for a hit.

I bought a take off barrel from Gunbroker for $72.00 (cut at the blind pin) and had Hi-desertdog do the machining and provide the SBR adaptor ($135.00). He did an excellent job and I am very happy with the setup that I have. It was lots less expensive then buying one from CMMG. I bought a receiver (with all parts less the barrel) for around $500 so now I have a complete upper in SBR configuration and one in the standard PS90 confirugation. Had it engraved by HDPS (he did a great job). I even bought an extra front sling adaptor from Urban ERT Slings so that I can use the sling setup on both the SBR and Standard setups.

All I need to do is to swap out the uppers when I want.

·
Administrator
11,358 Posts
Yeah but its cheaper to just buy a whole new firearm.

400 for a trigger pack
300 for a barrel
300 for the bolt
300 for the stock

plus the receiver, sight, accessories, flash hider, etc...

By the time you piece one together, it gonna cost close to $2000 if not more.

Just buy new and at least you have the FNH warrantee which in itself is worth lots more.

As a Type 7 with SOT, just buy direct and save hundreds of dollars.

This is one of those cases where because you can not get the parts from the manufacturer, you get raped by the retailer. Capitalism at its best!

·
Registered
49 Posts
CMMG is the only place I have seen anything for parts for sale. And its going to cost and arm and a leg for them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW, I didn't realize that replacement parts for these were so difficult. I know "some people" at FN so I'll just see what I can get directly from them. I just assumed they were like most other firearms and thought it would be better to spend money in "the family" and support the people who support the FNForum.net since it has been so helpful. If I can open a pipeline to some hard-to-find items I'll report back here.

Jeff Z

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Jeff,

Depending upon what parts you need, there is a whole stock and receiver on GB!!! :?

Tony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts