FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
If it comes from Nitro I dont see why not??? Redwolf is a good company to deal with.

Best bet is to check up on some airsoft forums to see how they are holding up to being installed and played with.

·
Banned
112 Posts
Yes, it does work and from what I've read from other owners, it holds up rather well. I've seen photos of this used in conjunction with a barrel shroud and it really worked well together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im not sure how it attaches. I just hope it works with this shroud http://www.nortje.com/Products/PS90/PS-90.htm

Im picking up my ps90 tomorrow from the gun store & I really like the look of the quad rail & the shroud. I think I might be better off just getting the shroud & using side rails to mount my light rather then risk the quad rail not working with the shroud.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's the Nitro airsoft rail.

It will work, but only after the aluminium receiver blocks and collar are modified. The receiver blocks that fit into the hollows of the PS90 receiver (in front of the magazine) are slightly oversized. They need to be made smaller and tapered to fit. The circular collar that goes around the muzzle is also wrongly sized - the hole is about .750 and needs to be around .850 or so ( I don't have the measurements with me).

I have a friend that is going to taper the blocks for me, then drill and tap them for additional screws. Neither of us wants to impair the ability of the barrel to move as it was designed to do.

The majority of the work could be done with a file and vice if one was to take his time. Any good 'smith should be able to drill and tap the blocks after they fit. Whether or not the circular collar will be used is up to your individual discretion and willingness to interfere with the chamber pressures generated by the 5.7 round.

·
Registered
52 Posts
is there a way to tell visually what is what? cause i dont wanna get ripped off by a guy sellign a ps90 with the magazineparts.com rail he says it is from..

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
greythorn3 said:
is there a way to tell visually what is what? cause i dont wanna get ripped off by a guy sellign a ps90 with the magazineparts.com rail he says it is from..
See the back end of the airsoft piece - it's flat and flush with the back of the rail.

The MagazineParts piece is angled back behind the rail.

Plus, the RedWolf airsoft piece side rails count to 15, the MagazineParts piece only goes to 13.

:?

·
Registered
52 Posts
thank you man! heres a pic.. looks like the REAL DEAL! YEAH

·
Registered
52 Posts
how the heck do you paint all them squares on that? makes it hard to see the accessories!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
have one on my ps90

Just bought a used ps90 and it came with the tri rail already mounted. Can not say that I am a fan, alot of wobble and needs to be adjusted.
Going to try and figure out a way to tighten it up but if not it will be goin away

·
Registered
857 Posts
I still can't figure out why you would want one.
What can you put on that that you could not put on a side rail.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I want one to mount an EOTech XPS lower and further foward personally (the magparts unit anyways). Just have to figure out if I can make/buy a rail that I can mount a 3x magnifier on thats the same height...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Any more info on the Redwolf/Nitro rail? I'm really interested as I just can't fathom paying 7x as much for what appears to be the same exact peice, so if any further details/comparisons could be provided, I would be very grateful.

·
Registered
400 Posts

I mount my tac light on the lower side rails and have a fold down grip mounted below. Makes it nice to have something extended out for grip, atleast to me. Thats really the oly reason I still have it on the weapon[/img]

·
Registered
90 Posts
^That looks excellent man! Thats the Redwolf unit I suppose? How does it hold up?

I plan on mounting a Lasermax Uni-Green up top and putting a 6v Surefire Scoutlight on the bottom. I'm not a fan of stuff on the sides lol.

·
Registered
400 Posts
That is the magazineparts quad, like I said it was already on the weapon or I would have never paid the price they want for them. Did not like it at first but since I lock-tited everything it has not been a problem. I have to disagree with mounting the light on the upper rails unless you run a pressure switch, it makes it interesting to reach them. I have a surefire mount which I can move from side to side, it is low enough to activate with the thumb of support hand. Plus the extra stability from the vertical foregrip is not bad for rapid fire

1 - 20 of 21 Posts