FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is FN's warranty policy? One of the reason's I like Springfield Armory, S&W, and several other companies is the fact that I know they will make my problems go away in the event that my gun breaks. I haven't seen anything regarding FN's repair policy on any of its civi guns. Is there even a US repair facility? Or, in the alternative, can I buy spare parts like bolts, firing pins, hammers, etc????

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Right now, U can't buy most of the parts. There is a warranty. I am not sure if it is lifetime are 1 year - I do not see any time limitation mentioned in the manual.

·
Registered
142 Posts
FN has a lifetime warranty. If you make any permanent mods, such as shortening the barrel, then the warrany is voided. If you make a mod such as having the stock duracoated in a different color, the warranty is still good since you haven't made changes to the barrel length, receiver, and fire control group.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My concern is how committed FN is to maintaining a presence here for civilian warranty work. For example, it is my understanding that it is impossible to get FN to work on a FNC or get spare parts for them from FN. Same with their FALs. I'm wondering if the new generation of FN guns will be any different now that they have a more permanent presence here for LE and .mil customers. Hopefully that translates into a dedication towards us as well....

·
Registered
161 Posts
fnforme said:
My concern is how committed FN is to maintaining a presence here for civilian warranty work. For example, it is my understanding that it is impossible to get FN to work on a FNC or get spare parts for them from FN. Same with their FALs. I'm wondering if the new generation of FN guns will be any different now that they have a more permanent presence here for LE and .mil customers. Hopefully that translates into a dedication towards us as well....
Maybe I am wrong but did FN ever sell the FNC or FAL directly to US civilians?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts