FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that the 5.7 round is a specialty round and that is the reason for the price of ammo. I'm not sure I understand that (speacialty round). I mean is it because it's a new round in the US or is because it's a marketing gimic to raise the price of the round?I was talking with my cousin and he was saying that the 5.7 round was cheaper than the 5.6 or 223 round.I do admit I do not have many rounds for my ps90 but I hope to change that after I pay my rifle off.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The price of the ammo is based on the fact that only one company produces it in quantity commercially. If Winchester or others got into production I think you'd see a reduction, but not a huge one.

Look at all ammunition. Higher prices across the board. By comparison the 5.56 M193 I bought for the exorbitant price of $225 1K is now closer to $500...DAMN! I wish I bought more back then!!

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Well, one positive about the 5.7 round - there hasn't been any price increases really - it is the same as it was when I first got my PS90. All the OTHER calibers and brands have gone up, however.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well, one positive about the 5.7 round - there hasn't been any price increases really - it is the same as it was when I first got my PS90. All the OTHER calibers and brands have gone up, however.
Good point. I'm gonna go order some more! :?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts